Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
How in the world are you working?
Previous  1  2

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 9:24 pm
I'm a therapist doing live sessions during the school day, not a teacher, but I couldn't manage it. I had to take a leave, BH I was able to. Anyone who is doing live classes with little kids and without good childcare options gets my utmost sympathy. What a stressful situation to be in.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 9:25 pm
My husband got fired and watches them. Sorry to be so blunt. It hurts.
(Your question doesn't hurt. His job status hurts.)

cozyblanket

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 9:56 pm
lovingmommy3417 wrote:
My husband is a special ed teacher and he is teaching about 4 hours total a day (different kids) not including prep.
I am doing all the kid watching in our house.

So he has it really good. You watch the kids and he works.

Pretty much everyone is in a tight spot now.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 10:21 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
The same way the rest of the world is working while the kids are home. At least teachers dont have to work 8 hours a day . Teachers prepare all year when the kids are home. This isn't very different . At least now they're home and they dont have to travel . Teachers are working hard just like the rest of the working parents.

For me it actually is very different than usual because the amount of prep is way more than usual, especially since I do most if my prep during the summer when my kids are in camp and now I am re-preparing a lot of that stuff to be suitable for a distance learning format. Also, I usually have some time in the afternoon when my kids are at school during which I do whatever prep, grading etc I need to do.

For sure any parent who is working from home now is in a difficult situation, and teachers are as well. As others said, the hosting of live sessions is particularly challenging especially for those with little kids.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 10:28 pm
The principal asked if the morning or afternoon slot would be preferable for me to conduct zoom classes. Meaning when is my house the quietest.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Okay, so I'm not really laughing, it's more like sobbing maniacally but whatever.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 10:35 pm
It’s nice to know that some schools teachers are actually teaching. In my girls school they have to listen to a pretty recorded conference that’s only half an hour so honestly the teacher can record it every night when the kids are sleeping big deal. I don’t think it’s fair that we have to pay full tuition and my girls learn for half an hour a day.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics