Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I barely eat any vegetables

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 12:23 pm
Can someone share advice for how to eat enough vegetables? I plan my meals weekly, and I find it easy to eat protein and starch (and sweets/snacks!) but find it such a drag to eat any/enough vegetables. Please share advice - what works for you.

israelmama

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 12:25 pm
I like to have cut up veggies in my fridge. Also, I like to use Sunday’s to meal prep a salad bar for the week

Rachel Shira

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 12:27 pm
What vegetables do you like?

DrMom

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 12:37 pm
Try experimenting with different vegetable dishes and different preparation methods (steaming, roasting, etc.) until you find something you like.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 12:40 pm
How about vegetable soup? It's easier to digest and more filling than most raw veggies.

tichellady

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 12:44 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
How about vegetable soup? It's easier to digest and more filling than most raw veggies.

I was going to say the same thing

Rachel Shira

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 12:56 pm
Lunch - prep a container of each kind of raw vegetable you like, like cucumbers, peppers, baby carrots and take some out for lunch every day.
Dinner - I like to make roasted vegetables for dinner. Super easy. Cauliflower, broccoli (frozen), green beans, asparagus cauliflower, mini peppers... just throw it on a pan with some oil and spices and bake at 400 for a while. Or you can sauté them but then you have a dirty frying pan.

lovingmommy3417

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 12:58 pm
I personally am not a fan of raw vegetables other than like salad with dressing.
I roast a whole sheet pan of veggies for dinner every night. I looooove roasted veggies so like it's most of my plate.
Find what you like whether its raw, in soup, steamed, roasted, grilled, etc. you can also prep cut up veggies and leave it in containers in your fridge.

lamplighter

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 2:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can someone share advice for how to eat enough vegetables? I plan my meals weekly, and I find it easy to eat protein and starch (and sweets/snacks!) but find it such a drag to eat any/enough vegetables. Please share advice - what works for you.

what do you mean its a drag? you dont have ideas? you dont like them? they take time to prepare?

miracle

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 5:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Because you don't like them? or too much of a hassle to prep?
I know someone that eats her vegetables through supplements because she doesn't get enough of them

hanna2010

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 6:47 pm
For how many days do chopped or sliced cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers remain fresh- if kept in separate containers in fridge?

I always feel like they’re just not as fresh by the third day, so I have to cut every 2 or 3rd day again.

Bruria

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 8:43 pm
Buy pre checked greens or pre made packs. Then all you have to do is add a protein and you are done!

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 9:11 pm
I ve lost over a hundred pounds and I do t eat a tonne if vegetables. I am very low carb. I don’t eat fruit at all. No sugars, grains, starch, sweetener and mostly animal protein. I think vegetables are not all they’re cracked up to be. Not tgat I don’t enjoy them periodically especially pickled.

Radish

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 9:45 pm
I'm also not a veggie fan. The way that works best for me is, as others have said, by having them in a soup...

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 9:48 pm
andrea levy wrote:
I ve lost over a hundred pounds and I do t eat a tonne if vegetables. I am very low carb. I don’t eat fruit at all. No sugars, grains, starch, sweetener and mostly animal protein. I think vegetables are not all they’re cracked up to be. Not tgat I don’t enjoy them periodically especially pickled.

I'm curious. What DO you eat? Right now, it sounds like you are a pure carnivore, with a dietary plan that a tiger would love. There must be more to it that that?

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 10:10 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I'm curious. What DO you eat? Right now, it sounds like you are a pure carnivore, with a dietary plan that a tiger would love. There must be more to it that that?

I eat meat, eggs, cheese , sour cream, heavy cream, fish, and some vegetables, not at every meal. Also nuts if various kinds. I like to pickle things.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 10:26 pm
The key to eating anything is having it ready to eat. When you’re hungry or snacky you’re going to reach for the quickest easiest thing.
Chose veggies you like and prepare in beginning of the week. Some ideas are slice up peppers, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, washed stalks of lettuce, etc

lamplighter

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 10:30 pm
hanna2010 wrote:
For how many days do chopped or sliced cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers remain fresh- if kept in separate containers in fridge?

I always feel like they’re just not as fresh by the third day, so I have to cut every 2 or 3rd day again.

store in glass they last way longer.

simkele

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 10:34 pm
I also love roasted veggies, veggie soup, etc. Some raw veggies like carrots (eat with chummus), but I hate salads so I don't eat them. Also, if you drink smoothies - you can blend spinach into your smoothie and can't taste it if you have other fruit.

cbg

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 10:47 pm
My trick to making cut up veggies last is folding a paper towel in the bottom of the container to soak up any moisture
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise