Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
When and how will I get stimulus payment in this situation

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 11:02 am
I didn't file 2018 taxes.

I filed 2019 taxes online through turbotax.

the refund went from the government to turbotax, then turbotax took out their fees for processing my taxes, and turbotax sent me the rest of the refund directly to my bank account. (I had deliberately arranged it like this instead of direct so that I didn't need to pay turbotax upfront when filing taxes- instead they took the money out of the refund. but that means intead of the money going direct from irs to my bank, it went through turbotax to my bank. I'm sure many other people did this too.

so will the government send my stimulus check to turbotax? or direct deposit to my bank? or mail it to me? and if they send it to turbotax will it come to me right away? and however it's sent, when do you think I will likely receive it? and I'm married, wondering if it's mailed who it will be addressed to.

thank you

cnc

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 11:03 am
I’m assuming a paper check and addressed to whoever and however it was filed .

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 11:09 am
If you didn’t get direct deposit from IRS for your taxes you can sign up starting on April 17 to get your stimulus check via direct deposit

chanchy123

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 11:16 am
I’m sure it’s pretty easy to google this our just ask my accountant but I’m here and have been wondering.
I live in Israel and file my US, my refund goes into my US back account. Does the stimulus go into the same account automatically (like the Israeli stimulus did) or will I get it with the refund after I file (for 2019 I’m assuming) with my refund. I vaguely remember that that’s how the 2008 stimulus worked.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 11:20 am
chanchy123 wrote:
I’m sure it’s pretty easy to google this our just ask my accountant but I’m here and have been wondering.
I live in Israel and file my US, my refund goes into my US back account. Does the stimulus go into the same account automatically (like the Israeli stimulus did) or will I get it with the refund after I file (for 2019 I’m assuming) with my refund. I vaguely remember that that’s how the 2008 stimulus worked.

It will go to your bank account. Should be there this week if you qualify.

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 11:40 pm
We also got a 2019 tax refund via turbotax and opted to pay the fee to have turbotax deduct their fees from our refund. But the refund via turbotax got direct deposited into our account whose routing number and account number were on the tax return--- I don't know how it all works but I do know that.....

We got our stimulus deposit some days ago (motzei Pesach? motzei Shabbos? somewhere about a week ago).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics