Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why does scary things equal moshiach?
Previous  1  2

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 3:33 pm
mom of three bh wrote:
every single yid will be zoche to geulah! not like in mitzrayim where only a part went out. moshiach will find every last jew! and it will be very exciting pure goodness no pain whatsoever .. not even emotional! it says that we will continue the life we know but with the one tremendous diffference that hashem will be so revealed and everything we will do will be purely fo hashem! hashems biggest desire is to live on THIS WORLD where we transform the mundane to holy (thats why there will be techiyas hameisim- where all the big tzaddikim who earned a very high place in shamayim will actually come down on this world.... to do mitzvos with mundane things to make a dirah betachtonim! ever thought about it?)

I hope you're right but you do realize there are many other opinions that directly contradict this one.

Why do you think your version is correct?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 3:36 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Story: when I was a young school girl, my former classmate, daughter of a prominent Rav in NY, told our class that her father just learned in a specific sefer that "Before Moshiach comes, the world will be divided into 4 categories:
1/4 world will die, 1/4 world will be sick, 1/4 world will do teshuvah or drift away (from Yiddishkeit), 1/4 world will go greet moshiach (live)."
When we innocent girls heard this statement then, this idea was so far fetched. It didn't make sense and we were screaming at her for saying such harsh words. We berated her for speaking nonsense...
Unfortunately, aren't we going through this situation right now???
Must be that Moshiach is around the corner.

How can we keep strong now? Believing that Moshiach is almost here, Is the way to think in order to keep sane and forging ahead always, especially in those crazy times...
[u]

Boruch hashem we are not going thru this situation at all.

1/4 will die? That's 25% of the world. BH way less than 1% of the world has died from Corona.
1/4 will be sick? Again, BH way less than 1% have been sick.
1/4 will do teshuva? Ok, maybe. I hope so!
1/4 will greet moshiach? That hasn't happened at this point so who knows.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 4:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It was so windy this morning, my bed was literally shaking. I was so frightened. I remember hearing that moshiach will come with strong winds. Why can’t he come on a nice clear day??
Right at the beginning of the pandemic, when everyone said mashiach is definitely on his way, someone explained that mashiach is not a bear! He’s not something to be afraid of. He’s gonna arrive when the world is full of simcha and sholom. Lemasa, things are scary right now, can someone please clarify? Perhaps a good shiur on this?

The world is never fully b’simcha and certainly no shalom until Moshiach comes so I don’t know who made that comment. But everyone agrees that what’s happening now is predicted clearly in the Navi, that people won’t be able to leave their homes and the economy of the ruling govt will be in tatters. That’s why so many believe we are definitely now in the final stages before he comes,

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 4:45 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Nobody I know has been having it fine and dandy.
Most people, if not all, were desperate for moshiach before this pandemic.
And it does say that there will be Chevlei moshiach. That's why everyone's hoping that this is the final Chevlei moshiach.

I don’t agree that most or all were desperate for Moshiach b4 this. And most aren’t desperate for him now. One thread here asks what’s the first thing youll do when this pandemic ends, and to read women say “get a manicure,” and such answers, I know most aren’t holding by waiting for Moshiach, Nebach.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 4:46 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
We also heard that Ferencz, the daughter of the Korban in Jersey City, had a dream before Yom tov. She said Her mother came to her in her dream and said: sheifela, you won't be a yesoma much longer, moshiach will come during pesach and we'll be together.

Where do u hear this and how do u know it’s true?

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 4:48 pm
mom of three bh wrote:
every single yid will be zoche to geulah! not like in mitzrayim where only a part went out. moshiach will find every last jew! and it will be very exciting pure goodness no pain whatsoever .. not even emotional! it says that we will continue the life we know but with the one tremendous diffference that hashem will be so revealed and everything we will do will be purely fo hashem! hashems biggest desire is to live on THIS WORLD where we transform the mundane to holy (thats why there will be techiyas hameisim- where all the big tzaddikim who earned a very high place in shamayim will actually come down on this world.... to do mitzvos with mundane things to make a dirah betachtonim! ever thought about it?)

Are u lubavitch? Because most don’t hold that every Jew will be zoche.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 4:51 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
[u]

Boruch hashem we are not going thru this situation at all.

1/4 will die? That's 25% of the world. BH way less than 1% of the world has died from Corona.
1/4 will be sick? Again, BH way less than 1% have been sick.
1/4 will do teshuva? Ok, maybe. I hope so!
1/4 will greet moshiach? That hasn't happened at this point so who knows.

Everything you said has been UNTIL NOW. What about what’s still to come?

imasoftov

Post Wed, Apr 15 2020, 1:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
When we say hissoirurri Twice at Kabulas shabbos it says that every yid will suddenly get an hisshurreres to Tsuvah.

To what does the pronoun "it" in your post refer?

mom of three bh

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 4:07 am
What is ratzon hashem if not that we should bring moshiach? That's the ultimate that hashem wants!!!!

Last edited by mom of three bh on Sun, Apr 19 2020, 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total

mom of three bh

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 4:13 am
R Mendel mirimonov said: we say in hagaddah to the rasha if u would be in miyzrayim you wouldn't be redeemed. So r Mendel mirimonov explained that if you e in miyzrayim you wouldnt be redeemed, but FROM THIS GALUS YOU DEFINITELY WILL BE REDEEMED!!! BECAUSE MOSHIACH WILL FIND EVERY LAST JEW.
We just said today in birchas hachodesh he will gather all lost souls from the 4 corners of earth..
We say before pirkei avos kol yisroel yesh lohem cheilik... That every new will have a part in olem habu which refers to moshiach times...
These are just a few off the top of my head for those who asked if every jew will be redeemed...

silverlining3

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 3:06 am
Thank you all for your beautiful insight! I love these threads way more than corona crisis threads.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics