Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Tell me about your bugaboo donkey

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 29 2019, 11:07 pm
Are you happy you got it? Any regrets? Does it last longer than others strollers? Ty

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Dec 29 2019, 11:23 pm
I want to buy it but I think it will be a lot of work to get it into the car all the time! Teach me your tricks, maybe I'll get it - I have a few more months.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 12:14 am
Did either of you get it? Considering it now. Especially cuz I got it for 50% off. Trying to decide if it’s too crazy for a car once in a while

Surrendered

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 12:20 am
I have the double bugaboo donkey. Though it's a bit heavy to put into the car, I Love it! It pushes very smoothly, convenient. You can place the 2 seats into multiple positions (facing or rear to you)...
(I needed my two kids facing opposite. Baby towards me, while toddler facing front).

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 3:11 am
I LOOOOVE my donkey!
I had Irish twins and was very adamant about both babies facing me. (They are 3 and 4 and still like facing me).
It wheels like a dream. I had the old air tires but I had one that kept busting so I replaced with the foam tires and haven't had a problem since.
I live in a city and I walk around a lot. I usually push them in the stroller because it's easier for me to keep an eye on them, as opposed to them walking. They are a combined 90ish pounds and it still wheels very well. Uphill is a little difficult because of their weight but when they were younger I used to take the stroller when we went to visit my in laws in the suburbs and it was a really smooth ride up and downhill.

I can't recommend it enough. If you have the space and budget for it, go for it!

PractclyPerfect

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 3:23 am
I'm very happy with my Donkey. As for putting in the car, I don't drive, so my husband does the loading, and he hasn't complained. He has it down to a science Wink. And pre-corona, when we were going out all the time, he did it often.
If you have a small car (which I do), it might be challenging to fit it in, but it works for us. A van should not be a problem.

mochacoffee

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 9:36 am
It has its pros and cons. I got the donkey for my twins. We used the car a lot and used it for walking.

pros
-The seats can face different directions and recline or be pushed up. It seems comfortable for the kids.
-If you only need to take one child, you don't need to shlep a double stroller or scramble to find a single. It easily turns into single mode.
-It has a nice amount of storage on the bottom.
-I also had the old air tires that were terrible, I bought the new foam ones which are much better. With the foam wheels, it's an easy smooth ride.
-The bassinet part was very useful for me since I used that as a temporary bassinet for my newborns next to my bed or when we traveled.

cons
-Putting it in and out of the car is definitely a hassle. It's pretty heavy and clunky and takes up a large part of our van trunk. Keep in mind, you can't fold it as one stroller. You need to first take the seats off, then fold it. That also includes getting it up or down steps if you're bringing it in the house.
-It's very wide so it's not easy to take into stores. It takes maneuvering if you want to use it to go shopping in a grocery. It also doesn't fit in some aisles and sometimes by the checkout counters that were more narrow.
-Because the stroller is heavy, with both kids growing, it does get heavy to wheel sometimes.
-It's expensive and the add ons are expensive. I got mine over six years ago, but nowadays, there are companies that make add ons that are compatible with it.

I can't compare it to any other double stroller since this is the only one I've had but these were my experiences with it.

mochacoffee

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 9:44 am
Sorry, I see this is an old thread.
Curious if anyone ended up getting it from the sale.

bnm

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 10:24 am
I wouldn't get it for a car. I used mine for many years but mostly city walking. The once or twice I had to fold it up was a pain. There was a specific car service that had one mini van that it fit without folding, I called them if needed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics