Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Perhaps this should get attention?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 1:54 pm
Rules:
1. Frontline healthcare worker addresses what they perceive to be an untruth/fake news
2. 1 non healthcare worker can rebut
3. No other non healthcare worker can rebut UNTIL a frontline healthcare worker (or 2 or 3) responds and addresses the rebuttal Silent
4. Discussion can continue according to rules 2-3, or new untruth/fake news can be introduced according to rules 1-3
5. Exception to The Rules: Ora can post whenever she wants, clarifying and fine tuning various points from both sides of the table Not worthy

Are we on? Cheers
I'll start by responding to someone who challenged my post as a frontline healthcare worker in the 'this needs attention' thread that was locked. And let's see if this can work, so we can have a reasonable conversation between those with no firsthand experience inside a hospital since March 2020 and those who have been walking into these institutions on a daily basis.
I dont want to see

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 1:58 pm
Is this supposed to be satire?

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 2:02 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Is this supposed to be satire?

I sure hope so.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 2:02 pm
I suggest you make your own website. Imahealthcareworker.com.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 2:03 pm
LOL
For starters just noticed we’re all amother.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 2:10 pm
'First of all, yours is not the only hospital in the world. You are defending only one hospital; yours. It seems like it's a nice cozy hospital with an "holistic" approach with pet and music therapy...I'm sorry but you have seen nothing yet. I have been to different hospitals in NY, in Manhattan and upstate, and there are varying degrees of competency in the emergency rooms and after being admitted. Even world famous hospitals that have famous doctors, the hospital itself can have horrible and negletful service, particularly in the ER in which patience can stay for days if there are no available beds in the hospital. And this is in "good" times.'

actually, my hospital is far from cozy. 600-700 bed academic teaching hospital level I trauma center, destination location for risky cardiac procedures, aggressive oncology procedures and treatments, cutting edge research and various big shot big name doctors on staff, etc. All top tier hospitals have been incorporating the holistic approach to healing, as mandated by various accreditation and reimbursement institutions. My experiences reflect what is going on in my specific hospital, as well as our branch in Manhattan and Brooklyn (I'm on WebEx meetings and conference calls and email chains comparing and discussing various Covid-19 issues with all campuses represented on a daily basis).

The FACT is that hospitals are oftentimes understaffed and in these times even more so. That hospitals can't accommodate a family member of every patient in these times is understandable, but 10 volunteers a day per hospital would not hurt anybody but be vital to patients.

because my hospital offers so many services and specialties, we are dealing with staffing shortages by redeploying our staff from the clinics and elective areas to take shifts in the hospital units. We have NP's, PA's, attending physicians all leaving their usual areas in sleep medicine, knee replacements, pulmonary function testing, etc, and shadowing their colleagues on the front lines and then diving in. They all had the same training before they ended up in their specialty areas and it comes back fast. They are all doing an amazing job. And all the rest of us are around to be extra vigilant and helpful and supportive while they get into the groove of things that they haven't done for a while. The residents scheduled for elective rotations are all redeployed in the hospital units as well.
The volunteer program is a huge undertaking, and our volunteers undergo a tremendous amount of training and supervision before they can do something as simple as bring a pitcher to a patient's bedside. We cannot take on this extra work load to train new volunteers at this time. Are you at all aware of how badly a volunteer can mess up? Should I start spelling it out for you?

Just because you don't believe in the stories told here doesn't mean they didn't happen.

I imagine that according to the person telling the story, it absolutely happened- I.e. they were starving and parched/dehydrated and pressed the call bell but no one came for hours. I am merely explaining the other side. Besides for the terrible, awful, tragic emotional toll on the patient, this did not cause their death.

Last edited by Chinky on Thu, Apr 23 2020, 10:56 am; edited 2 times in totalA[I]

pause

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 2:15 pm
And here we go again... Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head

You are seriously being hurtful to people who have suffered enough. You weren't there, so you don't know. You are taking YOUR experiences from YOUR hospital and saying that there's no way a distressing situation happened because in YOUR hospital such a thing wouldn't have happened.

Your lack of empathy ALONE should disqualify you from working in healthcare.

pause

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 2:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

. Besides for the terrible, awful, tragic emotional toll on the patient, this did not cause their death.

I want to respond just to this:

I know it doesn't jive with your worldview, but as an aside, an awful, tragic, and emotional toll on a patient can absolutely cause their death R"L. Especially when they're already physically vulnerable.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 2:22 pm
pause wrote:
And here we go again... Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head

You are seriously being hurtful to people who have suffered enough. You weren't there, so you don't know. You are taking YOUR experiences from YOUR hospital and saying that there's no way a distressing situation happened because in YOUR hospital such a thing wouldn't have happened.

Your lack of empathy ALONE should disqualify you from working in healthcare.

Absolutely. Please go away and stop hurting us.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 2:22 pm
Where's the Rubashkin video?

pause

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 2:23 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Where's the Rubashkin video?

At your service, ma'am:
https://collive.com/moshe-ruba.....irus/

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Apr 24 2020, 2:37 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Absolutely. Please go away and stop hurting us.

This is what I want to say but I can't do it so politely.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics