Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
To all those that said it’s not true last week..
  1  2  3  12  13  14  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 12:33 pm
And said that it can’t be that they are starving patients...

And another

https://www.facebook.com/sara......9968/

asmileaday

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 12:50 pm
Op it's no use. People that haven't heard this firsthand from patient's family members will find a million and one reasons why this nurse is a fraud and oh she's only repeating it from her friend, she has no firsthand information.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 12:52 pm
Thank you.
Terrible terrible

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 12:53 pm
Cant open the link

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 1:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

And another

I read so much verified documentation this weekend, I am traumatized and can't sleep. The situation in outrageous and so so sad.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 1:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

And another

This is a person with no first hand knowledge who is making Facebook videos without naming places, rather than calling newspapers and television stations and state licensing boards and hospital administrations who could actually do something about it.

Sound right to you? It doesn’t to me.

If you have actual information, Noam Schreiber and Brian Rosenthal have been among reporters covering hospital abuses for The NY Times. I suggest you contact them.

giselle

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 1:01 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Op it's no use. People that haven't heard this firsthand from patient's family members will find a million and one reasons why this nurse is a fraud and oh she's only repeating it from her friend, she has no firsthand information.

That’s not true. I appreciate OP posting something like this as opposed to the other thread with the likely fake screenshot.

dancingqueen

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 1:06 pm
asmileaday wrote:

She admits that it’s not first hand information.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 1:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

And another

As long as Cuomo is a hero and Trump is the devil, all is good in the world Banging head Can't Believe It

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 1:08 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
This is a person with no first hand knowledge who is making Facebook videos without naming places, rather than calling newspapers and television stations and state licensing boards and hospital administrations who could actually do something about it.

If you have actual information, Noam Schreiber and Brian Rosenthal have been among reporters covering hospital abuses for The NY Times. I suggest you contact them.

Do you even understand WHY this can't be firsthand information?

You come across as the FDR administration allowing Jews to perish in Europe because they couldn't come down in person to the Capitol to give their first-person accounts.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 1:13 pm
Oooookay let’s unpack this for a minute.

She has some good points and also some surprisingly wrong points. Chloroquine is not a risk free drug, and since it causes heartbeat issues, it’s not necessarily recommended for anyone with known heart problems. If you do put someone on this drug, they need a ton of oversight and care. It’s not a good idea to give this drug across the board for no reason.

https://abc7.com/amp/coronavir.....2485/

Also, it’s questionable as to whether giving this drug at a later stage of infection will do much of anything. More research is needed before we just toss this drug at everyone. As of now, the FDA and NIH caution against using these drugs.

As for her claim that hospitals “laugh” when vitamin c and d loading is mentioned, that’s because there’s no data that it does anything. There’s speculation, but authors are pulling their papers from peer review because they’re not getting accurate data. Hospitals are not in the business of giving experimental drugs as a blanket treatment for anyone who shows up.

As for not running to a code, yes that all sounds terrible. I know people don’t like to hear this but the results of a code don’t usually end well. In movies and tv shows, they yell and there’s drama and all sorts of excitement and “we got her back!” But in reality, many people die and all the CPR can not restore a permanently damaged heart. And those who do live often have severe brain damage. Again, there are happy stories, but not as much as the movies would like you to believe.

But yes, her message is good regarding apathy and hopefully it will reach a global audience.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 1:15 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Do you even understand WHY this can't be firsthand information?

You come across as the FDR administration allowing Jews to perish in Europe because they couldn't come down in person to the Capitol to give their first-person accounts.

Oh, please. The FDR administration knew about the camps. Your argument is nonsense. I invoke Godwins Law in any case.

There is no reason that there are no first hand accounts to the press or otherwise.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 1:16 pm
Those that want to dig their little hollow head in the sand will continue to do so. No use even trying.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 1:16 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:

You don’t know anything about hospital politics. It’s a guarantee they’ll lose their jobs.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 1:21 pm
From her Intro on Facebook: *Vaccine Educated*Vaccine Choice*

pause

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 1:36 pm
I just heard this morning of another person who died end of last week. The spouse, at the levayah, said the hospital killed the patient. I heard this from my close relative who was involved in the patient's care and advocacy and literally stood by helplessly as the patient was neglected.

ETA: Patient was a young (in the 40's) healthy person with no pre-existing conditions.

Last edited by pause on Sun, Apr 26 2020, 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

CiCi

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 1:40 pm
Weren't we supposed to "flatten the curve" so that everyone gets appropriate health care? Seems that not.

There's neglect to this extent because of heartlessness, not simply because of the situation.

ora_43

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 1:45 pm
I know I'm going to regret this, but...

On the other thread some people (myself included) said it's unlikely that good nurses are accidentally killing patients through starvation just because they are overwhelmed.

This woman is claiming that bad nurses (at specific hospitals) are intentionally neglecting patients and giving them insufficient medical treatment, because of a bad hospital culture.

That claim is easier to believe for several reasons.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 1:47 pm
Can anyone in the field explain why the hospital ship and the javits center weren't utilized to its fullest to relieve the hospitals of their overwhelmedness, overcrowding, lack of staff and equipment?
From what I read online the hospital ship discharged its last patient and is leaving already.

lilies

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 1:59 pm
ora_43 wrote:
I know I'm going to regret this, but...

On the other thread some people (myself included) said it's unlikely that good nurses are accidentally killing patients through starvation just because they are overwhelmed.

This woman is claiming that bad nurses (at specific hospitals) are intentionally neglecting patients and giving them insufficient medical treatment, because of a bad hospital culture.

That claim is easier to believe for several reasons.

This has been the claim on previous threads as well. I doubt anyone was referring to good nurses. From what I understood, as well as my experiences, bad nurses were kept more in check pre-covid. Now it's a free playground for bad nurses, and the fact that good nurses are overwhelmed and will not see nor hear anything these bad nurses are doing.

ETA: Put a good nurse in charge of 200 patients and some will not receive the proper care. No reflection on their normal efforts and care.
It's amazing how these same nurses are saying they're overwhelmed and not receiving proper PPE and whatnot, but when people point out the level of care is inadequate due to these very same complaints, they get upset.

Last edited by lilies on Sun, Apr 26 2020, 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 14   1  2  3  12  13  14  Next Recent Topics