Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Pls help me figure out about unemployment

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 6:32 am
Hi all,
I have my own business and filed for unemployment citing major decline in business. I don’t know if I’ll be eligible or not. I received an email from them today which I’m confused about. I’m putting the text below. Can anyone help me figure it out?

Important Notice for Claiming Weekly Payments Due to the Coronavirus Emergency. Please Read Before Continuing.

In order for us to be able to process your weekly payment, please follow the below guidelines when certifying for your benefits each week to avoid any delay in receiving your payment.

Q#1 - Were you able and available for work?

Unless you are physically too ill to work, the answer to this question should be "YES". If you are out of work temporarily due to a closure related to the Coronavirus and expect to return to your job, say "YES" to this question.

Q#2 - Were you actively seeking work?

If you are waiting to be recalled to your present job or delaying your job search until this natural emergency ends or subsides, you should answer "YES".

Q#3 - Were you attending school or job training?

If you are a student and just filed this unemployment claim as a result of the Covid-19 emergency, and the Division has not reviewed your school status, please answer "NO" to this question (even if you are attending school online) at this time.

If you are a student, had an unemployment claim prior to this emergency, have already provided the department with your school information, and your school is currently closed due to the Coronavirus, please answer this question in the same manner (Yes or No) you were prior to the school closing.

Q#5 - Did you receive holiday or vacation pay for the week beginning mm-dd-2020 and ending mm-dd-2020?

If your separation is temporary and was caused by the Covid-19 emergency, please answer "NO" to this question. If you receive any type of wage while you are not working, answer "YES" TO QUESTION #7 (SEE BELOW) AND REPORT THE AMOUNT THERE.

Q#7 - Did you work between mm-dd-2020 and mm-dd-2020?

If you did any work between the designated dates, answer "YES" and report what you earned. If you know you will not have work the following week, immediately (no later than Saturday of the week in which you are claiming) follow steps to "REOPEN/REASSERT THE CLAIM." If you received holiday/vacation/sick pay from your employer during this week, report that information here.

That’s it. No links, no clear instructions if this means my claim was accepted? Denied? When I go on the site it asks if I want to file a new claim.

Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 8:18 am
Anyone?

Cmon be nice

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 8:20 am
Looks like you filed in NJ, based on the questions they sent. If so, there's a place to check status on the same screen that you use to apply. If it shows you a dollar amount then it means you were approved

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 9:12 am
I checked status and it says pending. But I can’t understand from this email I received if Theyre asking me to update something somewhere?

Cmon be nice

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 9:18 am
Those questions are for whem you do your weekly certification; they want people to know how to answer the questions.
When did you apply?

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 9:19 am
I got the same email and I'm also confused. You're supposed to recertify weekly and this email is giving instructions on what to say when you recertify.

But I wasn't approved yet, it still says pending and I dont see an option to recertify. So why did I get the email? Am I just not finding the right option and I really do need to recertify?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 9:36 am
I applied last week. I guess lll wait to see what happens. Thanks!

Ima Piano

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 10:13 am
I applied for unemployment and it says that I have to call in to complete it
The hotline hangs up on me each time I call. And I keep getting call backs but only on shabbos

What do I do
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics