Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Broker

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 2:05 pm
Is it okay to reach out to more than one broker when looking to buy a house?

yiddishmom

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 2:11 pm
Initially, yes.

Once u start seeing homes it's definitely mentschlich to let them know that you are working with other agents too.

Also, if an agent wants to show you a home that a different agent already told you about/ showed you, you should tell the second agent that you have seen it already.

Good luck!

tweety1

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 2:55 pm
Sure. I reached out to like 6 of them. Some took me more serious than others. Some showed me more than others. I ended up buying through a broker that I thought was a waste of calling. It was my mother who decided that she's calling him just to remind him abt me and he turned out to be the right shliach cuz he had something that he didn't think I'd be interested in for whatever reason

tweety1

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 2:56 pm
yiddishmom wrote:
Initially, yes.

Once u start seeing homes it's definitely mentschlich to let them know that you are working with other agents too.

Also, if an agent wants to show you a home that a different agent already told you about/ showed you, you should tell the second agent that you have seen it already.

Good luck!

This!! The bolded. Very important.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 3:14 pm
Yes. Yes and yes.

Call them often, the squeaky wheel ....

doctorima

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 4:00 pm
We definitely did. In Brooklyn homes are so hard to come by that nobody expects exclusivity. As mentioned, if one broker shows you a house - or even just tells you about it - it's not right to then go look at it and negotiate via another broker.

We had a couple that were our favorites to work with, but DH was in touch will all of them regularly to touch base and remind them what we were looking for. They all understand the nature of the business.

shaimac1

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 9:10 am
It really depends on where you are looking, in my OOT community it is really rude to use more than one agent...better to use one and check online all the time yourself....I did use a different agent to sell a property vs buying one though...

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 9:16 am
The broker who showed us our home only showed us one
I wasted my time with brokers who would just show you anything

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 3:16 pm
No it is not in your best interest to jump around.
Find one you like and trust and stick with them.
Let them do their job.
When you jump around, the agents know that and dont take you seriously.

tweety1

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 4:18 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
The broker who showed us our home only showed us one
I wasted my time with brokers who would just show you anything

I didn't go see every house that was offered to me. When the broker called me abt a house I asked him certain question and based on the answers I decided if it might be worth to look at. The serious brokers eventually got a feeling of what is gonna be of interest and what not.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 4:34 pm
No it's ethically not correct to jump around. Agents hate it. Lots of my family is in real estate and this is be of the main issues with buyers. If you jump around, no one will work for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating