Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Funny, nutty, crazy embassy stories... including horifying..

miriamnechama

Post Sun, May 16 2010, 12:59 pm
Wanna share some funny embassy stories?!! I have a really funny one..... years ago.. down at the israeli embassy in London.....I should have beens marted to realize to bring something to do, cus I sat there doing nothing for 2 hours..... finally I fell asleep and teh woman behind the window couldn't wake me up... it wa...s friday and I nearly spent shabbos there...... but towards closing time she got the gaurd to wake me up then she wags her finger as if I'm a naughty girl who did something wrong.... though she wasn't soo helpful.. but guess what.. at the british embassy in jeru a few months later I walked out with my passport on the spot cus she wanted to do me a favour .... and then they were being typed with an old fashioned typewriter!!

sequoia

Post Sun, May 16 2010, 1:08 pm
I may have told this story already.

Several years ago we went to the movies with some friends. On the way back we took the wrong train and had to walk through some weird neighborhoods. Suddenly we saw a rat. My friend V and I started running around screaming "a rat! a rat!" while our friend A stood there laughing at us for being so frightened.

A year later I was talking to another friend of ours. I said I was very afraid of rats. He said, "yes, a lot of people have this fear. About a year ago I was walking home when I saw these two morons running around yelling 'a rat, a rat!' while A stood there laughing at them."

I said, "those two MORONS were V and I!"

Funmommy

Post Tue, May 18 2010, 3:31 pm
I realized that there are a few threads on this topic scattered throughout the forums. Maybe one of the mods can combine them all?

Bumby613

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 5:17 pm
Ok here’s a beyond cringe worthy one...
About three years ago dh was on his way home from work so o decided I’m gonna surprise him at the door in a very racy body suit (kids weren’t home) and so he texts me he’s almost home so I run down stairs to greet him at the door and stand behind the door so I could jump out at him and standing at the door was my plumber who was supposed to come days before but decided that day at that time would be perfect by the grace of g-d I was still behind the door when I realized it was him and not dh who was right in back of him.
I do think my plumber knew something was up when I slammed the door in his face ... 🤭🤭🤭

Dandelion1

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 5:42 pm
Hi Bumby, I also thought embassy was a typo for embarrassing....!

I'm so embassied!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics