Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
Incentive 8 year old boy

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 25 2020, 10:29 pm
any ideas of what he can work to earn (through reading practice)? the last incentive was a magic yo -yo which he was thrilled about. Looking for other ideas that a low key 8 year old boy would enjoy. $5-$10 range

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 25 2020, 10:30 pm
I know it depends very much on kid's interest, but I asked him and he didn't have any more ideas so I thought I'd reach out if others know what that age enjoys

avrahamama

Post Sat, Apr 25 2020, 10:33 pm
My son is motivated by food. And quality time. So having a special lunch with him. Even pizza alone with me.

simba

Post Sat, Apr 25 2020, 10:34 pm
Does he have a bike? Add accessories if yes.. a bell, a light etc..
A wallet
A milkshake
A new book
Art supplies
Megaphone

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sat, Apr 25 2020, 10:35 pm
Slurpees, ice cream, etc all go further than physical items I find in motivating and you can repeat them

amother
Plum

Post Sat, Apr 25 2020, 10:41 pm
be glad that you don't worry about your kids weight Sad I try really hard not to incenticize with junk food. weight is already higher then dr. would ideally like, even with trying to stay on top of it Sad

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Apr 25 2020, 10:43 pm
What if he earns the money and when he thinks what he wants he can then get it
Like an allowance

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Apr 25 2020, 11:08 pm
My 7 yr old son collects circle cards. $5 for a pack of 20. Does he collect anything?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Apr 25 2020, 11:26 pm
thanks for all the responses! I really try to stay away from using food as incentives... though alone time is great! If anyone else had recommendations, I'd love more suggestions!

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 2:24 am
my kid is a little older but not mature so I think a neurotypical 8 year old and my 13 year old could have a lot in common..... hotwheels. My son's collection is up to 302 at the moment. Hotwheels are inexpensive and for kids who love them, addicting.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 9:42 am
thank! what are hotwheels...?

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 11:46 pm
sorry. little cars and track sets that can flip the cars, race the cars, crash the cars, etc. My son has a speedometer he attaches to the track to see which of his cars are fastest and makes a chart, etc. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hot.....i_1_9

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 11:48 pm
wow! looks great! he doesn't have but if he would be interested it looks like a great collection to start

Fabulous

Post Mon, Apr 27 2020, 11:51 pm
at that age, mine was obsessed with lego. Lego was every treat. Maybe Where's Waldo?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling