Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Unemployment. when will I receive money or mail from them?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 11:06 am
I filed ny unemployment online last week, and they called me on sunday and asked me questions about the past few weeks. they said I will need to answer the questions every week online or or by phone. but they processed for the last 4 weeks that I've been unemployed.

when will I actually get the first payment? will I first receive some letter in the mail and when?

also, I don't think they even asked me how much I was getting paid. how will they know how much to pay me? how long will it take them to figure that out? and when does the additional payment come in for the pandemic unemployment. how do I even know if I'm approved.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 12:31 pm
I filed March 13 and when I went on website to claim weekly it told me I need to cal their 888 number. I have been trying for three weeks already..there is no one to talk to...I am going crazy!!!!! Anyone know what I can do????

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Apr 14 2020, 1:16 pm
Try going online and file specifically for the vivid 19 situation. They have totally redone their system...
if you can’t try calling again. It seems like they redid their phone system as well. Good luck!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 9:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I filed ny unemployment online last week, and they called me on sunday and asked me questions about the past few weeks. they said I will need to answer the questions every week online or or by phone. but they processed for the last 4 weeks that I've been unemployed.

when will I actually get the first payment? will I first receive some letter in the mail and when?

also, I don't think they even asked me how much I was getting paid. how will they know how much to pay me? how long will it take them to figure that out? and when does the additional payment come in for the pandemic unemployment. how do I even know if I'm approved.

ny
to update, I got a phone call today from another person at the department of labor , she said there were still some unanswered questions, she called me to confirm the employer name and ask the phone number of my former employer and the starting and ending dates of employment.

I asked her how they will know how much to pay me since they never asked how much I get paid. she said every quarter the employer makes quarterly reports of how much they paid. so in the beginning of april they should have reported my wages to taxes and finance for the quarter (maybe for jan-march?). so they get my wages information from there.

she said she finalized my claim now. and that I should go online starting tomorrow to claim weekly benefits and then every sunday after tomorrow. online or phone to claim weekly benefits.

she said the money should start coming in next week on a debit card. and that I would need to go online to set up direct deposit if I want it in bank account instead.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 9:53 am
So happy for you. I hope I get that phone call soon.

jmom1

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 10:26 am
It’s generally 3-4 weeks after you file the application. Although you may have a different timeline based on your specific circumstances. The best thing to do is check your “inbox” on the website to check for messages and most importantly- claim your benefits EVERY week (a few questions that you need to answer weekly).
Then you will also be able to “view payment history” to see the exact release date and amount of payments. It will also show you how you will be paid (either debit card or direct deposit). For debit card - you will receive the card in the mail and direct deposit will usually show up in your bank account one day after the release date.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 3:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
ny
to update, I got a phone call today from another person at the department of labor , she said there were still some unanswered questions, she called me to confirm the employer name and ask the phone number of my former employer and the starting and ending dates of employment.

I asked her how they will know how much to pay me since they never asked how much I get paid. she said every quarter the employer makes quarterly reports of how much they paid. so in the beginning of april they should have reported my wages to taxes and finance for the quarter (maybe for jan-march?). so they get my wages information from there.

she said she finalized my claim now. and that I should go online starting tomorrow to claim weekly benefits and then every sunday after tomorrow. online or phone to claim weekly benefits.

she said the money should start coming in next week on a debit card. and that I would need to go online to set up direct deposit if I want it in bank account instead.

Amazing!

I still haven't heard from them since applying 3 weeks ago. It says pending status on my account.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 7:30 pm
now I got an email "Attention! You have an urgent message from the NY State Department of Labor. Please sign in using your NY.GOV ID to access the message."

I logged in and checked my inbox and it says
Sent Date04/21/2020 07:14 PMFromDepartment of Labor
PriorityHIGHSubjectNYS Department of Labor Online Forms

You may be eligible for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA). Please click the link below to complete the online application for PUA. You may also reach My Online Forms from the My Online Services homepage.

https://apps.labor.ny.gov/Onli.....orms/

Please note: If you have already completed the PUA Online Form you do not need to do it again.

Thank You,
NYS Department of Labor

"

I"m surprised by this message because if I'm approved for benefits then I shouldn't need to apply separately for PUA.

Why doesn't it tell me whether I'm approved or rejected. if I'm approved it should say I'm approved and don't need this. if I'm rejected it should notify me that my claim was rejected.

was this message sent to everyone now? did any of you get this?

and she had told me that tomorrow and every week I need to claim weekly benefits. I don't know where to do that online. it's not showing my regular application.

why is this so complicated. it should be more straightforward for everyone.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 21 2020, 7:37 pm
I filled it out, but I'm really confused about whether I'm supposed to fill it out. don't know if I was approved or rejected for the other claim and either way, whether I'm supposed to fill out this one.

why is everything so confusing.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 22 2020, 2:00 pm
today I went online to claim weekly benefits and it only asked about the last week. then it said I didn't claim for all the weeks for the past month. it asked if I had work then. but the previous representative said she had processed the first four weeks in the first claim. (and on pua I did do all the weeks). it shows me the pua form but it doesn't show me the regular unemployment forms, so I can't see what information they have. so frustrating. wish they would send the money already.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Apr 23 2020, 1:18 am
My husband filed unemployment several weeks ago (NY), but it said he had to call to complete the applications. He tried a million times but could not get through to speak to a live person. Then we heard they updated their site and that now they will call you back instead. So on Sunday, he filed again using the new website. It is over 72 hours and he has not heard back. Any thoughts on what can be done?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 8:39 am
OP here. still didn't get the money from unemployment.

I claimed weekly benefits and filed pua form.

every time I check payment history it shows zero and says the claim is still pending.

I wonder if maybe my employer didn't file the quarterly report yet, and if so, how long will they keep me pending. wondering if they are waiting for info from my employer regarding my wages. what if the employer doesn't send the info?

I wish they would send me the money already.

is there anyone to call about this?

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 9:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
now I got an email "Attention! You have an urgent message from the NY State Department of Labor. Please sign in using your NY.GOV ID to access the message."

I logged in and checked my inbox and it says
Sent Date04/21/2020 07:14 PMFromDepartment of Labor
PriorityHIGHSubjectNYS Department of Labor Online Forms

You may be eligible for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA). Please click the link below to complete the online application for PUA. You may also reach My Online Forms from the My Online Services homepage.

https://apps.labor.ny.gov/Onli.....orms/

Please note: If you have already completed the PUA Online Form you do not need to do it again.

Thank You,
NYS Department of Labor

"

I"m surprised by this message because if I'm approved for benefits then I shouldn't need to apply separately for PUA.

Why doesn't it tell me whether I'm approved or rejected. if I'm approved it should say I'm approved and don't need this. if I'm rejected it should notify me that my claim was rejected.

was this message sent to everyone now? did any of you get this?

and she had told me that tomorrow and every week I need to claim weekly benefits. I don't know where to do that online. it's not showing my regular application.

why is this so complicated. it should be more straightforward for everyone.

Be careful. There are countless scams going on right now. This could be one of them. NYSDOL isn't emailing people to urge them to file claims.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 10:09 am
That isn't a scam. It's not in her email inbox but in her state portal correspondence on their site. And the link is a government link.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 9:25 pm
Anything to do if my claim is pending for 5 weeks already ?? Tried calling can’t get through .. just wait ??

snowflake1

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 9:47 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....89634

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 7:43 am
today I finally got the first payment from them. BH! Was wondering when it would ever show up.

It was only one payment of $600, which I assume is the extra payment of the CARES act. but I didn't receive the other-base payment. still don't know how much I'm approved for the regular pay.

and what about getting paid for all the weeks backdated which I had certified for?

When I log in online to view payment history, it still says that my claim is pending and that no payments were made. It shows zero paid.

wondering when they'll send me the other payments. and what happens next.

could it be that I'm only getting 600 and not the regular base pay? and will I get it every week? what about all the previous weeks that I had certified for? when will they send me the money for the previous weeks. and for the base pay. I thought the 600 was supplemental to something else.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 9:31 pm
Also got the $600 direct deposit late today 6 weeks after I applied ! But bh finally came !! assuming the base pay will follow shortly

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 9:36 pm
I thought it means that the claim is approved for weekly benefits, but it looks like it doesn't necessarily indicate that.

I saw an article that they sent out this one time $600 payment to people that have pending claims.

so the claims are still pending and we still don't know if and when the weekly payments will kick in.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 12:05 am
ATTENTION PLEASE. To those of you who need to speak to an agent and can't get through the regular number, I already posted about this.

Don't forget to like my post!

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....89634
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics