Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
What does positive anti bodies really mean
Previous  1  2

anonymrs

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 11:16 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
So what does it mean if I tested and was told I am not eligible to donate plasma- no other info. Does that mean I did not develop antibodies as if I never had Covid?

You may have developed antibodies but not at high enough levels to donate and help someone else fight the virus. This does not indicate that you are or are not immune in any way.

tweety1

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 11:25 pm
I was told that Woman who were ever pregnant even 30 yrs ago can't donate.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 8:16 am
overworked wrote:
I was gonna ask the same question my husband tested 320 antibodies and my 15.5 yr old son tested 2888 antibodies

Just curious to know if DS had the virus before DH? And if DS had more symptoms? Or if DS is the one who goes out and does shopping? Feel free not to answer.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 8:19 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
In addition to what people said on this thread, you also have a chance (and it's not rare..) of getting false negative and false positive tests.... so we don't even know if it's right...

I don't know which test she took, but blood sent to a lab to be sequenced for antibodies is not going to have a false positive (only false negative due to sensitivity). The lab is looking for something in particular and if they see it - it's there. Maybe 1 in a million have poor paperwork. The rapid antibody testing they did in CA often has false positives and negatives.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 8:20 am
tweety1 wrote:

Yes and individuals with tattoos, who are of a certain orientation, etc. Just in regard to this plasma because there is no time for testing.

Success10

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 8:25 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Yes and individuals with tattoos, who are of a certain orientation, etc. Just in regard to this plasma because there is no time for testing.

There's no time to screen for AIDS?

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 8:34 am
Success10 wrote:
There's no time to screen for AIDS?

No because technically if it is a new infection it could take 3 months to be detectable.... that is why in emergencies or blood shortages some people have caught HIV.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 8:52 am
tweety1 wrote:

Why can't women who were pregnant donate?

pgk

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 9:23 am
My friend who has 7 children kah was tested and is eligible to donate as per the Mayo Clinic

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 9:46 am
tweety1 wrote:

This is false. I have a friend who lives in New Rochelle who donated her plasma. She's in her 30s with a few children.

overworked

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 11:25 am
both had very mild case my son was learning in israel and yes now that he is in America he is more out between ppl but my husband is a hatzolah member and went to so many corina patients houses

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 1:11 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Why can't women who were pregnant donate?

Some women develop an extra antibody while pregnant that makes their plasma no good for this. So places that have more volunteers than slots don’t want to waste time testing blood that may be no good.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 1:40 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Some women develop an extra antibody while pregnant that makes their plasma no good for this. So places that have more volunteers than slots don’t want to waste time testing blood that may be no good.

Thanks.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics