Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Daily Schedule for 2 year old

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 7:57 am
I’m sure I’m not the only ima who is their home with their adorable only child who is 2! Which means we’re basically the only ones around to keep their company.
(I think this is different than having multiple children, because there is no other company. I’m not debating which is harder, just explaining what I hope to get out of this thread).

So..

Please post your schedule, activities that you do together, activities that encourage playing on their own Smile and must have toys.

Thank You Smile

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 8:06 am
Omg was gonna post the same, word for word.

We get up whenever he wakes up , usually 7ish. He plays, eats, plays, lays around, if it’s nice we try to take him out a little, video/eat lunch. 12:30 is nap time. Then snack, play, try to go out even just for a drive, read books, bored some more... supper, bath, bed. Repeat.

He’s too young for real activities. Doesn’t like playing with duplo, magnatiles, playdough etc so it’s been really hard keeping him busy and stimulated.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 8:32 am
We try to go out at least 2x a day--one stroller walk and we stay out after if it's nice out and one time where toddler leads the way. Outside we play with balls, bubbles, and sidewalk chalk. Inside we do play dough, a lot of coloring, reading, and household chores--laundry and sweeping. Sometimes movement YouTube videos and other screentime when I need to work/need a break. Also baking sometimes--toddler adds ingredients and helps mix.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 8:49 am
my daughte is 18 months but she is jusssst starting to play with..
little people blocks. I find them easier for kids. My older daughter also played with them for longer because she liked the imaginary play aspect of it. She didn't really go for duplos...

shape sorter

stacking cups

stickers-I let her put them on my back while I rest on the floor Wink

the wooden train that has shapes that you put on it

ride on toy

just bought these stacking things
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

probably shouldn't say this but climbing in and out of pack n' play or crib is also a well liked activity here Sad not sure how to keep this monkey contained!

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 11:08 am
-Wake up, breakfast
-Circle time (davening and stretching songs) and story
-Work (cleaning, cutting, fine motor skills, etc)
- Play outside
- wash up, lunch
- Second story time
- project
- mendy music
- free play
-Play outside
- wash up, supper
- Bath, bed

Best best best activities: beads and string/pipe cleaners, watercolors, diy sensory bin, bath with very low water and bathing suit and bath toys/bath paint. My kid basically babysits himself .

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 11:44 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Omg was gonna post the same, word for word.

We get up whenever he wakes up , usually 7ish. He plays, eats, plays, lays around, if it’s nice we try to take him out a little, video/eat lunch. 12:30 is nap time. Then snack, play, try to go out even just for a drive, read books, bored some more... supper, bath, bed. Repeat.

He’s too young for real activities. Doesn’t like playing with duplo, magnatiles, playdough etc so it’s been really hard keeping him busy and stimulated.

Omg yes! You get me!

Except that we don’t go outside.
We live in the city, and can’t deal with people not following SD outside Sad

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 1:00 pm
Oh wow!!! Same, only a 2.5 year old:)
He usually gets up around 8ish and plays a bit in pjs, we eat breakfast together, plays more toys- he loves food toys, train set, magna tiles, cars, etc.
then we do an activity like play dough, kinetic sand which he loves! coloring, pasting, stickers, reusable stickers. today we made a sefira chart with crayons, cutouts and stickers.
then we usually go out for a drive or walk if it's nice weather.
lunch, nap which sometimes he started skipping and just chilling in his crib.
books, plays more, watches a little when I have to work,
dinner, bath, books and bedtime!

amother
Red

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 2:41 pm
For activities crowns is a good one. He can Literally make a diff one for every day of the week.
I would also make your jobs his jobs. So if your doing laundry hes "helping" when your making supper hes on the counter by you mixing or whatever. This way when he actually plays alone you can relax too and put your feet up.
Ps my kids at that age spent hrs in the bath. I would raid the kitchen for bath toys. Paper cups. Plastic spoons. Measuring cups. Etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics