Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
The kind of shoppers I met today in the supermarket
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 5:13 pm
Some with both a mask and gloves
Some with a mask but no gloves
Some without a mask but with gloves
Some with a mask tucked under the nose and with gloves
Some with a mask tucked under the nose and without gloves
Some with a mask under the chin with gloves
Some with a mask tucked under the chin without gloves
Some without a mask and without gloves

It made for a pretty interesting observation.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 5:22 pm
I saw a man with 2 masks

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 5:26 pm
Last Thursday I went out to the supermarket for the first time in five weeks. It was the strangest experience, like I landed on a new planet. I thought I’d be the only one “following the rules” and wearing a mask. But literally every person was wearing a mask. Some had scarves . But it was interesting to observe and see the various types of masks . It was my most interesting shopping experience.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 5:35 pm
I went to Bingo and it felt like every bad Sci Fi movie I went to as a child,

I kept looking around waiting for someone to yell

CUT THATS A WRAP...

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 6:02 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
I saw a man with 2 masks

"The Two-Masked Man" - I feel a novel coming on...

amother
Black

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 6:04 pm
What is the point of gloves?

You put on the gloves. Touch the eggplant that happens to be contaminated. Now everything else you touch, with that glove, is contaminated.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 6:09 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
"The Two-Masked Man" - I feel a novel coming on...

Lol! I actually wear 2 masks. I wash them and wasn’t sure if it becomes thinner in the wash. Also, because I wear a kid sz mask first as the adult mask bothers my eyes, so I wear the sn one and can pull the bigger mask lower down. Extra protection and a better seal with small one first.

And agree about gloves- no point unless you keep on changing ‘em. I rather not wear gloves and use purell as needed.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 6:11 pm
I wear 2 masks but you can't tell.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 6:11 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
What is the point of gloves?

You put on the gloves. Touch the eggplant that happens to be contaminated. Now everything else you touch, with that glove, is contaminated.

True. I don't usually wear gloves when I go out

youngishbear

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 6:14 pm
Gloves help some people remember to avoid touching their face.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 6:16 pm
You are much less likely to touch your face when wearing gloves.

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 6:17 pm
Everyone I saw in the supermarket today was wearing a mask. I saw one woman lower hers briefly to talk on the phone while examining different cuts of meat so I'm guessing she was shopping for someone else.

The supermarket I go to has a socially distanced line to get in with a security man at the door scanning foreheads for fever. There are boxes of gloves right when you enter and stands of hand sanitizer every so often. They insist on masks and repeatedly broadcast reminders to keep social distancing. The aisles are technically one way, but that's a new thing and not everyone realizes. They also put up those plexiglass barriers by the cashiers. It's about as safe as I can get food other than delivery.

happy chick

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 6:46 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
I saw a man with 2 masks

There was a video going around where a girl was showing the diff bet American made masks and the Chinese brands. She lit a lighter , and w the Chinese mask was able to blow right thru it and the fire went out, but w 2 masks, she couldn't blow it out. Point is that it's very thin and doesn't protect as well. if you wear 2, it protects better.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 8:07 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
Everyone I saw in the supermarket today was wearing a mask. I saw one woman lower hers briefly to talk on the phone while examining different cuts of meat so I'm guessing she was shopping for someone else.

The supermarket I go to has a socially distanced line to get in with a security man at the door scanning foreheads for fever. There are boxes of gloves right when you enter and stands of hand sanitizer every so often. They insist on masks and repeatedly broadcast reminders to keep social distancing. The aisles are technically one way, but that's a new thing and not everyone realizes. They also put up those plexiglass barriers by the cashiers. It's about as safe as I can get food other than delivery.

Where is this?

cla

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 8:15 pm
When I Go to the grocery, before I touch a cart handle, I take a grocery bag (I keep a stash in my car) and I drape it over the handle. Now I have a clean surface untouched by everyone's germy hands. It clings (to the grime?) And stays in place.

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 8:30 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Where is this?

Well I can't exactly answer that without outing where I live to everyone, but if you PM me I'll tell you.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 8:32 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Where is this?
this was my experience at Evergreen

gande

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 8:42 pm
I went to walmart. I felt like I was in a movie with bandits all around me but I was protected by my mask. Most non jews are using scarves and clothes for masks and there were many young scary people in the store. Lucky for the muslim lady who was wearing a hijab.. she didnt need one...

dankbar

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 8:51 pm
I wish, whenever I went to supermarket, I felt like the only alien. Mostly, only workers, I saw with masks.

lech lecha08

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 3:19 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Where is this?

It's like that in lots of stores in Israel
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics