Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Skylights on a flat roof - anyone have a good experience

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 10:16 pm
We bought a house with skylights on the flat roof. Roof is going to be replaced, we are just not sure if we should replace the skylights or just cover them up. I'd love to leave them in for the light but am concerned about potential leaking. Can anyone with skylights in a flat roof chime in please Smile TIA!

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 10:20 pm
We have a flat roof and skylights and no problem. Our house is exceptionally well built. If you had a home inspection when purchasing the house and trust your inspector and nothing came up as a red flag, I would keep the skylights and enjoy light! I love ours.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 10:23 pm
I built skylights in my flat roof and have not had any problems. It gives a tremendous amount of light, especially the skylight that is over the staircase and what would otherwise be an very dark hallway. The only thing that we didn't plan correctly was that we use the roof as a deck and two of the skylights are in bathrooms, so we had to have special blinds made for those two.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 11:26 pm
I have. You can get leaking that will need sealing. But I love the light more than I mind resealing every number of years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics