Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
I get seriously annoyed.
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 12:46 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I have a child that chews and eats like this due to low muscle tone, among other issues.
Child CANT eat with mouth closed.

A little consideration never hurt anyone

When I was a child I had a lisp, and eating issues. I had a year of weekly therapy when I was around 7 years old, and it made a world of difference. The exercises stuck with me through life, and my muscles are completely retrained.

IMHO, the majority of open mouth eating and breathing is due to medical issues, and needs to be addressed by and ENT. A sleep study might be in order as well, because I'm willing to bet that they'll find apnea there as well.

My ex has severe dyspraxia, and the worst table manners I've ever seen in my life. I had to sit sideways from him so that he was on my deaf side, and I didn't have to look directly at him. There was nothing he could do to improve, because he insisted there was nothing wrong with him. (He also can't walk more than 10 feet without bumping into something, and he always looks surprised, like "who put that there?")

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 2:37 pm
zaq wrote:
There are some life forms that breed through their mouths, but homo sapiens is not one of them. If you know of any homo sapiens attempting to breed through the mouth, the intervention required is probably educational or psychological rather than medical.

Sorry, I meant breathing.

malki2

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 2:56 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Sorry, I meant breathing.

It’s ok. On Imamother they permit breeding through the mouth.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 11:46 pm
malki2 wrote:
It’s ok. On Imamother they permit breeding through the mouth.

Maybe, but on imamother you are not allowed to make any mistakes. You will be called out for it.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 11:49 pm
Chewing loudly drives me insane.
During my pregnancies, I leave the room when dh eats.

lilies

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 11:50 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Maybe, but on imamother you are not allowed to make any mistakes. You will be called out for it.

You can only do things wrong intentionally.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 12:42 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
It’s a real thing when noises bother people. I suffered so much in my younger years - think chewing, sniffing, tapping etc. when I was dating my husband I was praying he’d take me out to eat so I can see how he chews! And now G-d has the last laugh because one of my kids recently starting chewing like a horse. I’m working on her slowly but I literally lose my mind from it.

Is there anything to do abt it. I am ruining 2 of my kids because of all their tapping,breathing loudly ,sniffing etc. I try so hard to let it go but always end up losing it and yelling shhhhhhh.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 1:23 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
How did it go with the bad mannered kid? Pls elborate

I'm not sure that it helped. he doesn't have good social awareness in general so I'm sure this contributed to it not being as successful as it may have been with someone who cared more about the issue.
I have one that chews with mouth open but is the type to care, I havent tried the mirror thing yet, maybe I should with all this home time. I think he would be more open to changing bec he cares more about what others think about him.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 4:38 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I have a child that chews and eats like this due to low muscle tone, among other issues.
Child CANT eat with mouth closed.

A little consideration never hurt anyone

This is exactly what we have in our house! Yes its difficult for those around but a little compassion and DLKZ.

Would you get "annoyed" with an autistic child who kept repeating things or rocking?

Work on yourself, you can't change others. You have to learn to deal with real life, like it or not!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette