Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Did Florida's Rabbis lift their ban for non residents
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 2:32 am
Proof? Just saying you heard it is not proof. There are all kinds of silly made up rumors that get spread. I believe this is one of them.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 6:46 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
This thread makes me mad at Floridians how selfish they are that people live on fifth floor with six kids in two bedroom apartment and now they are stuck at home all day with their kids and you can’t fargin them the sun and a private house with a pool that you had to go to governor to complain about other Jews to make a rule to try to ban Jews from coming.

How selfish can you be be happy you live nicely all year.

You mean their lives are more important than other peoples pleasure and quality of living? Who would think?
I have at least 5 relatives living in Florida who are over 80, and who are forced to come into contact with their nurses/ aides . It’s impossible for them to fully quarantine because they cant live independently. It’s crucial for them that Florida doesnt become a 2nd NY. I dont know what is so hard to understand

ally

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 7:31 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
This thread makes me mad at Floridians how selfish they are that people live on fifth floor with six kids in two bedroom apartment and now they are stuck at home all day with their kids and you can’t fargin them the sun and a private house with a pool that you had to go to governor to complain about other Jews to make a rule to try to ban Jews from coming.

We are in the middle of a pandemic.
Look beyond yourself for two minutes.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 8:08 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Yes it did. That’s how this whole quarantine business came out in the first place.

A governor isn’t going to kill the tourism industry of a state bec of a few Jews in one city. That is just absurd.

But again. Why go to Florida. Go to any southern state. Or even rent a house locally where you don’t need to use rest stops in the way. I don’t get why ppl need Florida if quarantining and not going out to eat or going to minyanim.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 8:24 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
A governor isn’t going to kill the tourism industry of a state bec of a few Jews in one city. That is just absurd.

But again. Why go to Florida. Go to any southern state. Or even rent a house locally where you don’t need to use rest stops in the way. I don’t get why ppl need Florida if quarantining and not going out to eat or going to minyanim.

No those of us in our southern states dont want you right now either!! Please just stay put until the wave passes. Why is that so hard to understand?

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 8:24 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
What’s there to share Floridians we’re trying to get New Yorkers not to come for pesach and New Yorkers said give us back our money on the homes and the Floridians answered that at a time of emergency like this you shouldn’t care about your money. Then they threatened and said that it’s illegal to come to Florida and any Jews that come down for pesach the mayor will arrest them. That was laughed off because New Yorkers said it wouldn’t be good for Florida to make enemies. But some Jewish heads went to governor to figure out a way to keep the New Yorkers out and they came up with force then to quarantine.

This is a really short version of the story.

Are you someone who personally experienced this?

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 8:27 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

You're welcome to leave your city and move to Florida, where you can have sun and a private house with a pool, instead of having to live on the fifth floor with six kids in a two bedroom apartment.

You chose where to live.

You have no right to prioritize your pleasure and convenience over other people's live.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 8:32 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
We are getting somewhere you are finally admitting that the governor is lifting the ban.

Beaches in Florida are open life is much better there what is wrong if someone wants to enjoy the sun also.

As of tomorrow. Anyone who came before tomorrow is in violation and a rotzeiach and rodeif.

watergirl

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 8:48 am

Because in certain NY communities, there is this sense that the only thing in this country is Brooklyn, "the country", and Florida. Florida is just an extension of NYC.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 9:01 am
Multiple states have issued a requirement for those traveling to their state to quarantine. Multiple communities of rabbanim have issued psakim ruling that it's forbidden to visit their community during this time. Please stop pretending it's a Florida thing. It's not. Florida is the most at risk, but many other places have done the same. I suppose they were all instituted by governors paid off by self hating Jews Can't Believe It

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 9:04 am
notshanarishona wrote:
No those of us in our southern states dont want you right now either!! Please just stay put until the wave passes. Why is that so hard to understand?

Right. I’m just trying to understand that if someone is quarantining. Not going to stores or restaurants or shuls. Why do they specifically need Florida.
You can rent a house in small towns with gorgeous land for a fraction of the price and very little driving and no rest stops needed (that is what scares me the most)

Simple1

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 9:07 am
The drive to Florida is torturously tedious. I can't understand the appeal of doing it under quaranteen circumstances. At least during regular times there are no inconvenent restrictions and you have a variety of activities to keep things fun. But then again, no one I know is going.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 9:33 am
Right. I’m just trying to understand that if someone is quarantining. Not going to stores or restaurants or shuls. Why do they specifically need Florida.
You can rent a house in small towns with gorgeous land for a fraction of the price and very little driving and no rest stops needed (that is what scares me the most)

Florida has kosher rentals, screened outdoor private swimming pools and the weather for it, and most importantly, people have previous experience and the information they need to plan the trip. Everyone I know who went there now has been there before.

One person I know fled upstate to their summer home when lockdown began becaus the kids have more space there. Now that's not enough and they're heading to Miami.

My kids meanwhile have been in the same apartment for weeks. Does a bit of extra money make some people less patient? Interesting.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 10:00 am
BTW- Florida is opening there restaurants with 25% occupancy

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 10:08 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
What’s there to share Floridians we’re trying to get New Yorkers not to come for pesach and New Yorkers said give us back our money on the homes and the Floridians answered that at a time of emergency like this you shouldn’t care about your money. Then they threatened and said that it’s illegal to come to Florida and any Jews that come down for pesach the mayor will arrest them. That was laughed off because New Yorkers said it wouldn’t be good for Florida to make enemies. But some Jewish heads went to governor to figure out a way to keep the New Yorkers out and they came up with force then to quarantine.

This is a really short version of the story.

Sounds like it would have been easier to give people back their money for their rentails.

It's kind of a weird play: block someone from coming to their rentals when it's not illegal (by trying to make it illegal) instead of giving them a refund that they legitimately deserve.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 10:12 am

Exactly. I can't begin to tell you how many non Jewish colleagues I have who were planning on going to FL with their extended family for their spring break. One person told me (right at the beginning before things got bad) she had already invested over $20,000 into their Disney resort vacation and she was worried about losing their money if Disney stayed open, but they didn't go. (Haven't seen her yet since we are working remotely, but I guess she didn't because Disney did close.) Sure, Jews bring in some money but the largest, no. Believe me, that isn't who the governor was thinking of. Frum people are a minority of those going to Orlando and its attractions. Miami, Daytona, etc have tons of non Jewish tourists from all over the world.
But I can see, if you live in a very insulated bubble with little outside interaction, why you might not realize that. And, no, a few frum Jews do not have the ear of the governor the way you describe. That sounds more like a you-know-what type of canard certain people say about us. Enough said.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 10:26 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Florida has kosher rentals, screened outdoor private swimming pools and the weather for it, and most importantly, people have previous experience and the information they need to plan the trip. Everyone I know who went there now has been there before.

One person I know fled upstate to their summer home when lockdown began becaus the kids have more space there. Now that's not enough and they're heading to Miami.

My kids meanwhile have been in the same apartment for weeks. Does a bit of extra money make some people less patient? Interesting.

It makes them feel more entitled, so why should they bother having patience and weathering it like the rest of us.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics