Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Israeli Seminary opening in US

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 2:21 pm
If the Seminary you planned to send your daughter to in Israel opened in the US for next year, would you consider this a better option then sending your daughter to Israel next year? Would you prefer your daughter go to Israel anyway to get the "Israel experience" even if it may be limited due to the current situation?

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 2:37 pm
Keep in mind that a lot of the draw of a particular seminary is the teachers, who are not moving, especially since many teach in multiple seminaries and they have their own families. And I don't think the girls will want to go back to a Zoom system to have then. Also, there's the idea of going away. So if the seminary opens in NY, that would be a different question for New York area people and more OOT people. Some NY seminaries do an Israel trip during the year to get that piece in, or the girls do a summer program.

I think it's a hard decision all around, for the girls and their families and for the schools.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 4:40 pm
How would an israeli seminary open out of israel? It wouldnt be an isrseli srm then, would it? :/
Going to learn in eretz yisrael is a specific experience. Cant really be reproduced elsewhere.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 8:10 pm
Maybe it is because I am of a different haskafa, but I don't see how your question/proposed idea makes any sense. Are we sending them to a campground for Sem?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children