Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Are snarky posters snarky IRL?
Previous  1  2  3  4

simcha2

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 1:45 pm
Hillery wrote:
I did, and she didn't say anything like what you claimed people say.

Hmmm

Quote:
Sure. Especially if it is one about how I spew against other groups of so-called Yidden. Those that rewrite the Torah and disparage REAL rabbis are not, IMO, deserving of the title of Yidden. No irony here whatsoever.

Hillery

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 1:55 pm
Ah sorry, I only read the long post. But to be fair she was basically only saying that those who spew hatred against our brethren and disparage rabonnim aren't deserving to be called Yidden. Which isn't so wrong really.

simcha2

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 2:19 pm
Hillery wrote:
Ah sorry, I only read the long post. But to be fair she was basically only saying that those who spew hatred against our brethren and disparage rabonnim aren't deserving to be called Yidden. Which isn't so wrong really.

No, she said "progressive" posters. It means anyone who holds differently on key issues, how LGBT members of the community should be treated, abortion (whether the evangelical xtian position is compatible with torah Judaism etc).

She considers me "progressive" (used as an epithet) because I hold different hashkafic positions.

Pretty sure she is disparaging the rabbanim I hold by, and calling me not a yid .

Do you think "that isn't so wrong really? "

groisamomma

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 2:53 pm
simcha2 wrote:
No, she said "progressive" posters. It means anyone who holds differently on key issues, how LGBT members of the community should be treated, abortion (whether the evangelical xtian position is compatible with torah Judaism etc).

She considers me "progressive" (used as an epithet) because I hold different hashkafic positions.

Pretty sure she is disparaging the rabbanim I hold by, and calling me not a yid .

Do you think "that isn't so wrong really? "

Yeah, pretty much.

I didn't have you specifically in mind (your SN slipped my mind when I wrote my first post), but now that you mention it I'll include you in the progressive poison overtaking this site.

Starting threads like, "Let's rewrite Megillas Esther" because it's not feminist enough, and disparaging the people that keep things you feel are chumros ("I learn the Daf. I'm much more learned than you. Me and my MO chavruta *know* it's not halacha."), and telling people that LGBTQ is perfectly in line with *your* Torah...

Like, really?!

simcha2

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 2:56 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Yeah, pretty much.

I didn't have you specifically in mind (your SN slipped my mind when I wrote my first post), but now that you mention it I'll include you in the progressive poison overtaking this site.

Starting threads like, "Let's rewrite Megillas Esther" because it's not feminist enough, and disparaging the people that keep things you feel are chumros ("I learn the Daf. I'm much more learned than you. Me and my MO chavruta *know* it's not halacha."), and telling people that LGBTQ is perfectly in line with *your* Torah...

Like, really?!

When have I done any of those things? And why do you feel so threatened by different approaches to Torah?

I do feel strongly that the line between halacha, chumra and hashkafa is frequently blurred, much to the detriment of yiddishkeit as a whole.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics