Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Calling for unemployment help (NY)

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 4:45 pm
I heard there are long hold times but whatever, I can't even get onto hold - I tried calling the number listed online and got a recording saying to file online and then it hung up on me. Several times so this is definitely by design.

I did try filing online but I was stuck because the answers are the "yes or no" type and my response keeps needing "neither" "both" or "something in between." I need a human. How do I get a human?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 4:53 pm
seeker wrote:
I heard there are long hold times but whatever, I can't even get onto hold - I tried calling the number listed online and got a recording saying to file online and then it hung up on me. Several times so this is definitely by design.

I did try filing online but I was stuck because the answers are the "yes or no" type and my response keeps needing "neither" "both" or "something in between." I need a human. How do I get a human?

I called for weeks till I got through to someone Sad not very encouraging I know. It's very fustrating.

But it may have gotten slightly easier lately - my friend got through twice last week but she did call about 15 times each time till she got through... Still better then impossible

I also had that message at times but it was always just for a few hours or a day then it went back to regular (maybe they do that bec they are trying to catch up on things alittle so don't take calls for a few hrs or a day?) But even the regular calls did not put me on hold - I was asked for my social and ect then told all agents are busy and call back later

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 5:02 pm
oh grrr. I was prepared to go on hold and just do other things while the music plays. You mean you need to keep calling repeatedly and listen until the end of the recording to find out that they hang up on you 95% of the time?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 5:36 pm
seeker wrote:
oh grrr. I was prepared to go on hold and just do other things while the music plays. You mean you need to keep calling repeatedly and listen until the end of the recording to find out that they hang up on you 95% of the time?

Exactly Sad Sad unless it changed in the last week (maybe if they have less callers they will start letting people go on hold) it's really fustrating Banging head Punch

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 6:46 pm
I can only add to your frustration. I tried calling them numerous times and on many different numbers. I can say at least 100 times. I had one deposit that did not come into my bank account and on their site it says that they sent it. I have no one to talk to. Not even a voicemail to leave a message. Very frustrating!

runninglate

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 7:30 pm
I’m also having trouble. When the system checks my social security number, it says your claim has been filed. Does that mean I was approved?! I tried claiming weekly benefits and it didn’t allow me to. I am still waiting for the second time which they said an agent will contact me within 72 hours, which has passed already.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 3:15 pm
I posted a solution for this already.

Do a search in the box above for PSA. See thread for Help with Unemployment. I outline 4 easy steps to reach a representative.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....89634

Please like my thread after you read it. I suffer from a low self-esteem.

Ima Piano

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 4:21 pm
Guys.pls call
888 581 5812

runninglate

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 4:22 pm
Rightee, what is that number for?

Ima Piano

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 4:37 pm
It's a # to check your payment status and to claim ur benefits
Though I'm even more confused now
Says my claims were authorized but I cant see anything or find anything