Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bnos Hadassah (school in Jerusalem / Yerushalayim )
Previous  1  2

abound

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 12:16 pm
high school is not only chassidish there are a lot of litvish girls there too. The girls that I know that are there LOVE IT! Principals are very focused and caring about each girl. I am really impressed. My daughter does not go there but two of her friends do and I regret not sending her there in some ways.
There is a lot of learning and personal growth going on there. Classes are small.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Nov 11 2019, 9:20 pm
wow, that was the info I was looking for. My biggest issue would be the yiddish as my daughter doesn't know a word of it, totally litvish upbringing. Do they still teach in yiddish? I would love something small and warm for my daughter, and positive with individual attention. It sounds like a dream.

abound

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 12:08 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
wow, that was the info I was looking for. My biggest issue would be the yiddish as my daughter doesn't know a word of it, totally litvish upbringing. Do they still teach in yiddish? I would love something small and warm for my daughter, and positive with individual attention. It sounds like a dream.

elementary I do not not know, High school does not have yiddish, the girls that I know that are there are litivish without any yiddish in their vocabulary. I know they have chassidish girls in their class, it is a real mix, reminds me of BYHS in BP.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Apr 30 2020, 11:16 pm
Im considering to send to bnos haadassa, am planning to move to EY iyh , coming from America.
Does anyone know if bnos haddassa is funded by the government and if not what is the tuition?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 1:14 am
I think it's partially government funded, but they have longer hours so they charge more than most Israeli schools
Something like 500 shekel per month , still a lot less than American schools
I send there and I'm happy to answer any questions

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 1:18 am
Limudei Kodesh are in Yiddish, mostly American chassidish teachers
Limudei Chol are in English and Hebrew, depending on the subject
Most of my girls' teachers are really warm and caring and amazing teachers bh!

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 4:30 am
Saddlebrown, is the same true for the high school?

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 6:30 am
How many classes do they have in the younger elementary grades? How many girls per class?
Is the academics on a decent level compared to tomer devorah in bp? Does a 5 and 8 year old need to know hebrew to fit in?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 7:43 am
I don't have any girls in high school yet, but from seeing the girls, I can tell that it's a more Israeli crowd.
The girls are mostly not Yiddish speaking, a lot of them come from other bais yakovs here.
There are 2 classes per grade in elementary, first grade has 3 - to help with kriya
Preschool has 4 classes each, one Yiddish, 3 English, and they have amazing Morahs!
I'll answer the rest after Shabbos, gotta go
Gut Shabbos Smile

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 7:54 am
My baby decided she wants to nurse again, so I'm back Wink
Academic level is good, I think, probably comparable to American chassidish schools.
There are actually quite a few Tomer Devora graduates teaching there, and Rebetzin Davis is on top of the curriculum.
A 5 year old needs zero Hebrew knowledge, they don't have any Hebrew lessons, they start in Pre 1A, with most girls knowing nothing prior to that.
An 8 year old might need a bit of tutoring for the subjects that are taught in Hebrew, like math... But most girls can't speak Hebrew at that point yet, most teachers speak English as well
Conversations between girls is also only English.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Nov 01 2020, 9:35 pm
Reviving this thread.
Since there is super elevated interest right now among many in America to make Aliya, I'm wondering how the older classes are. Are they growing?
I'm talking about 5th grade and up.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 12:42 am
The classes aren't growing , the average is 25 girls per class, 2 classes per grade.
I'm not feeling the American Aliyah wave yet Wink
They're also investing more in the highschool, new, devoted principal, more picky about whom they accept...

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 9:52 am
This year’s 9th grade is officially called a “new” school, disassociated with the previous high school. New principal, very small class, and I believe it is called Ateres.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics