Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Yeshiva of Greater Washington—Tell me about it!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 1:19 pm
Looking at the Mesivta. What type of boys and families? Do they wear white shirts? How many night seders? Dorming? If you know about the beis midrash comment too.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 28 2020, 5:08 pm
Bump

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 1:49 pm
Bump

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 4:14 pm
why not ask them directly?

advocate

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 9:12 pm
Contact me privately, please.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 10:34 pm
Great school, but if those are the questions you have, it's very possibly not the right school.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 11:06 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Great school, but if those are the questions you have, it's very possibly not the right school.

What’s the problem with the questions? Those are the things that the school doesn’t talk about. I can hear from them about curriculum and can speak with the rebbeim. Is there something we are missing? We have asked several people IRL.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Apr 29 2020, 11:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What’s the problem with the questions? Those are the things that the school doesn’t talk about. I can hear from them about curriculum and can speak with the rebbeim. Is there something we are missing? We have asked several people IRL.

Nothing wrong with those questions at all. I may have interpreted it wrong, but those are questions more in line with a yeshiva more to the right of YGW. People who are looking at places like YGW tend to be more concerned with the level of secular studies.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 8:27 am
I went to girl version of that high school many years ago. The boys didn't only wear b&w. I think they had 2 or 3 night seders.
But yeah I agree your questions seem like you want something more to the right.
This is a great school and probably has a good mix of guys... but overall you'll click with the kind of friends you click with.

SDmother

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 8:42 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:

Agree. It is more of a community school. Most parents who send to the school would not care to know the answer to your question, meaning the fact that you are asking means you are more to the right than the typical boy there.

But to answer your questions, there are many who wear black and white and many who don't. It's a real mix. There is a small dorm.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics