Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Maxi dress as robe - how to look flattering and not pregnant
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 7:48 am
Bump? Anyone else get a slenderizing robe online recently?

amother
Blue

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 8:33 am
seeker wrote:
It's time for a new robe. For all my blather about maxi dresses being so much cheaper than "shabbos robes," my maxi dress died after a couple of seasons while my shabbos robes are still holding up after many years - though they get really boring after many years, especially since the designs were boring in the first place...

Anyway the one that died was starting to look unflattering. I was quite slim when I bought it but haven't been taking the greatest care of myself and I find that I keep sucking in to try not to look pregnant in my highish-waisted maxi dress.

And I was shopping online for a replacement and even though the dresses are not listed as maternity wear, many of the reviewers are using it as such. And looking great, but not the look I want.

Shabbos loungewear fashion advice, please. I'm tired of getting dressed up every week since my dress-robe died.

A couple of examples I've been eyeing:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1
(there are similar ones even cheaper but I like these colors)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1
(if that goes well as pictured then one might avoid needing a shell! I was also thinking that the flowers could help hide the tummy. But the waist shape still looks like it would have the same problem)

I have several colors of the first one you linked. Be warned that some of the colors are great, some are a very plasticy material. My problem area is my stomach and I find these to be flattering. (It also comes with sleeves, but I'm nursing and I find the sleeveless ones easy for nursing)

busy mommy

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 8:37 am
I got this robe and I love it! you can pull the neck as tight (and tznius as you want it). I had to sew up the little keyhole in the front but it was no big deal. it was a little long but it shrank a bit so now it is perfect. I am 5'3" and the small is perfect

amother
Black

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 8:51 am
https://m.shein.com/us/Shirred.....~0~~0
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics