Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Gift for my son’s Rebbe

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 10:17 pm
Looking for gift suggestions for a 7th grade rebbe that has gone above and beyond during this distance learning- a daily 45 minute Zoom gemara shiur (optional) followed by a 1 hour zoom general shiur on various topics. He then split the boys into 2 groups to teach targeted gemara class (ie he give the same zoom class twice a day to a smaller number of boys) 1/2 the class at 12 pm and half at 8:00 at night. It must be really hard to be home with his family of a bunch of small kids and keep this going. He is also very responsive by email etc. any suggestions welcome!

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 11:39 pm
chocolate/nut platter for shbbs, or a fruit platter with a nice card

amother
Silver

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 11:47 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
chocolate/nut platter for shbbs, or a fruit platter with a nice card

I think it is lovely to send something, and I know I shouldn't criticize without providing a good solution or alternative, but...
Not to be a nay-sayer, I personally, and may people I know are not eating takeout/hand wrapped chocolate/cut fruit or anything that cannot be heated to 400 degrees, washed really well with soap or wiped down with Clorox right now.
Consider something washable. (A bottle of wine, packaged chocolate, a serving platter, a sefer, a gift card to be used either now or post COVID-at their discretion)

nelliesmellie

Post Sun, May 03 2020, 11:54 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I think it is lovely to send something, and I know I shouldn't criticize without providing a good solution or alternative, but...
Not to be a nay-sayer, I personally, and may people I know are not eating takeout/hand wrapped chocolate/cut fruit or anything that cannot be heated to 400 degrees, washed really well with soap or wiped down with Clorox right now.
Consider something washable. (A bottle of wine, packaged chocolate, a serving platter, a sefer, a gift card to be used either now or post COVID-at their discretion)

Yes I was thinking the same.... was wondering about sending packaged items from the local candy store and if that would be considered something that some wouldn’t eat. Honestly I think the entire town is getting free lunches and if they’ll eat those, other stuff is ok too. But I do understand as I have a relative that is immuno-compromised and thst household is much more careful. Maybe a gift card to the sforim store... I’m really hoping to come up with something that would benefit his wife and kids too since I’m sure it’s been hard on them that he’s giving so much to his class
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics