Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
11th grade dd wants to go to friend to sit outside for class

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 10:03 am
DD wants to go to a friend and sit outside her house, 6 feet apart, and listen together to their online classes. WWYD? I am not loving this idea. DD says "everyone" is doing that. In Brooklyn, NY.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 10:10 am
Why not? If she's mature enough to be careful and make sure to stay away

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 10:14 am
I'm allowing my high school daughter to do this.

lamplighter

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 10:15 am
Im letting my daughter do this for her lunch break.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 12:13 pm
I wouldn't trust them to stay 6 feet apart even if it's just the two of them, and how do we know the friend isn't inviting a host of other girls who will make the distancing impossible?

Chavas

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 12:26 pm
Let her go.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 12:28 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
I wouldn't trust them to stay 6 feet apart even if it's just the two of them, and how do we know the friend isn't inviting a host of other girls who will make the distancing impossible?

So give her a mask. Let this girl have a life already!

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 12:29 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:

Why not? They're 17 years old! You would trust a 17 year old to drive but not to social distance?

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 12:49 pm
You need to know your daughter.
My 16 yo. Went to her friend front lawn last week to wish her a happy birthday. They stayed way more than 6 feet apart and hung out on towels, in the front lawn for more than an hour (I am not in Brooklyn and the properties are large).
On Shabbos, I asked if she wanted to walk to a different friend and do the same. She responded that she would love to see her but she doesn't believe the family had been SDing well and doesn't trust the situation for everyone to stay far enough away and respect proper space. She called the friend and they FaceTime after Shabbos.
I would trust my DD in this situation.
A different DD of mine, gets excited and would end up closer than 6 feet. I would not let her go.
You need to know your kid.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 3:27 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Why not? They're 17 years old! You would trust a 17 year old to drive but not to social distance?

I don't trust all 17 yo to drive, my DDs know which friends they can go with and which they cannot.
I also have a friend who I won't let drive me or my kids. If she offers to drive, I always tell her I was going anyway and have errands in the vicinity and will drive instead.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 3:28 pm
NO ONE I KNOW CARES ABOUT SOCIAL DISTANCING ANYMORE

groisamomma

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 3:30 pm
I let my DD sit on the lawn 6 ft apart. I kept them in the house for weeks on end and I was afraid this particular DD would snap. I'm not kidding.

naturalmom5

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 5:12 pm
OOT ON a big property sure why not, especially if they are healthy

In Brooklyn I would be more worried a [non jew] will see them and make trouble

amother
Purple

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 5:15 pm
I would let my daughter go! I’m now my girls best friends these teens need a life. I’m done after 8 weeks in quarantine and I’ve been strict with my girls. Now I feel it became political more then anything else.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics