Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
6 year old ds gets violent
Previous  1  2

seeker

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 8:12 am
Is Sapphire amother baiting us or is she for real?

Ora in town

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 8:22 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
First try the good advice you just get.But if doesn't work:
Patch him a little bit on his hands everytime he is violent .Even a little bit!
You said" Hashem did not give you this beautiful hands to do this!No violence in this house!!!if this hands doesn't know how to behave well . they will get a patch!"
I am totally against beating children but sometimes there is no choice...

The way she describes it, physical violence against the child will not be the solution.

Because it looks as if the child would like to be able to restrain himself, but just can't.

I think it would be more constructive to look into sensory issues and what causes his acting out and go from there.

Ora in town

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:31 pm
That was the video I wanted tos send you... I found it now, at last...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?.....t=28s

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 9:45 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
I agree with amother ginger.

So far ALL the children I've ever met with intense rage had something physically going on.
My 6 yo was exactly like op described. Busted my lip too. Would not stop for anything. Behaviour got worse then better then worse again.....
Tried a ply therapist. She recommended I have her evaluating before even meeting my daughter. Convinced my kids ped to humor me and test for pans and pandas.

Bh as soon as she was treated for pans. She turned into a different child.
And this was a child who has emotional regulation issues from when she was a BABY! So one can wonder when she developed it. (Me thinks late onset autism sounds like typical pans/pandas!) Read up a bit. Anyway. It's been more then 6 months and wherever I go I get comments about how lovely she is. Whereas last year I was judged for my parenting.....

Please do look into it. Good luck!

Totally agree with all of this. Our house was a war zone before we treated for pandas. If I hadn't seen with my own eyes how infections can cause such drastic emotional and behavioral issues I probably wouldn't believe it either. But here we are a few years later and the rages are few and far between.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers