Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Health Ministry come out against disposable gloves

Iymnok

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 12:38 pm
http://www.israelnationalnews......79780

After what I’ve seen and experienced, this makes a lot of sense. These gloves are meant for short term use, and proper disposal.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 1:00 pm
Interesting.

I wear gloves when I make a run to the makolet, and wear them all the way home. I have a garbage can outside my front door. I take one gloved hand and remove my disposable mask, and turn the glove inside out over the mask. Then I take the other gloved hand, grab that bundle, and turn the second glove inside out over the whole thing. This makes sure that all the germs are on the inside of the package, and then I can drop it into the trash.

I hate the idea of it all ending up in the landfill, but compared to how many plastic plates and aluminum pans Israelis use, it's a drop in the ocean.

*BTW, wearing gloves does not give you permission to pinch every single tomato in the store. Grab what you want, and move on!

Iymnok

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 1:09 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

*BTW, wearing gloves does not give you permission to pinch every single tomato in the store. Grab what you want, and move on!

Yeah, that’s the problem. If you are using hand sanitizer constantly while shopping, then you are way better off then those who touch every vegetable and cough into their gloved hand.

etky

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 1:11 pm
Iymnok wrote:
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/279780

After what I’ve seen and experienced, this makes a lot of sense. These gloves are meant for short term use, and proper disposal.

Exactly.
I never understood why some people just put them on to walk around outside, as if there were some merit in that.
What's the point?
The minute the glove touches any surface it becomes just as contaminated as your hand and needs to be discarded or sanitized.
Better to walk around with hand sanitizer and just use that if you happen to touch something.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 1:31 pm
I take a pair of gloves with me when I go out to the grocery store. I put them on after I exit my car right before I touch a shopping cart. I do my shopping, load my car, and throw away the gloves in the garage can outside the store. Then I get in my car, use hand sanitizer, drive home and unload the groceries into my house, and then wash my hands really well with soap and water.

Today I need to go to the bank as well so I will bring an extra pair of gloves just for dealing with the ATM.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 1:35 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
I take a pair of gloves with me when I go out to the grocery store. I put them on after I exit my car right before I touch a shopping cart. I do my shopping, load my car, and throw away the gloves in the garage can outside the store. Then I get in my car, use hand sanitizer, drive home and unload the groceries into my house, and then wash my hands really well with soap and water.

Today I need to go to the bank as well so I will bring an extra pair of gloves just for dealing with the ATM.

I also sanitize each item I buy and that comes into my house

etky

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 1:52 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
I also sanitize each item I buy and that comes into my house

I quarantine items for 3 days.
Refrigerated and frozen items get sanitized.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 2:09 pm
I'm having a problem loading the page to the article. Did it mention the fact that people don't put them on properly? I've caught myself taking them out of the box properly (just touching the rim) but clenching them in my fist on the way into the store.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 2:24 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I'm having a problem loading the page to the article. Did it mention the fact that people don't put them on properly? I've caught myself taking them out of the box properly (just touching the rim) but clenching them in my fist on the way into the store.

How are you supposed to take them out of the box?

PinkFridge

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 2:56 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
How are you supposed to take them out of the box?

Carefully. But imperfectly, which makes me wonder if this is part of the article.

blessedflower

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 3:36 pm
Best I saw was a cashier while helping clients she was eating and was holding the food with her gloved hands, no bag no tissue. That glove probably had more germs than her hands would have had. But hey she was wearing gloves so she is safe

miami85

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 3:57 pm
I was taught that you are more likely to be careful about what you touch and washing your hands more frequently if you are NOT wearing gloves whereas wearing gloves you are more prone to cross contamination. Only to wear gloves if you have an open wound.

miami85

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 3:58 pm
blessedflower wrote:
Best I saw was a cashier while helping clients she was eating and was holding the food with her gloved hands, no bag no tissue. That glove probably had more germs than her hands would have had. But hey she was wearing gloves so she is safe

This is exactly why I was taught the way I was.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics