Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Nietzsche Yisroel/ Darchei Noam schools rbs

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 2:59 pm
Any mothers who send their kids to either of these schools who could give me first hand information? What are the similarities/ differences? We are making Aliyah in August andThinking of sending my 10 yr old. Hard to do long distance research! Any information appreciated Smile

FmrNewEnglander

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 4:53 pm
You can go to Nietzsche Yisroel but in the end it doesnt matter anyway.

ukmom

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 4:56 pm
What ones that mean?

twizzlers1

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 4:57 pm
You can pm me.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:38 pm
FmrNewEnglander wrote:

Please elaborate

Odelyah

Post Tue, Nov 10 2020, 11:53 pm
FmrNewEnglander wrote:

ok I just burst out laughing at the computer thanks Heart

Odelyah

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 12:06 am
for those who are confused, OP's title autocorrected from I assume "Netzach" (Yisroel), to "Nietzsche", the famous german nihilist philosopher.

(from Wikipedia)
Nihilism (/ˈnaɪ(h)ɪlɪzəm, ˈniː-/; from Latin nihil 'nothing') is a philosophy, or family of views within philosophy, expressing some form of negation towards life or towards fundamental concepts such as knowledge, existence, and the meaning of life. Different nihilist positions hold variously that human values are baseless, that life is meaningless, that knowledge is impossible, or that some set of entities does not exist.

nylon

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 12:06 am
It's a joke. Someone's phone autocorrected Netzach to Nietzsche, who was a German philosopher. Among other things he wrote about nihilism, the idea that life is meaningless.

Odelyah

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 12:27 am
FmrNewEnglander wrote:
also I had to explain to my husband why I was laughing at the computer--and he appreciated it too (he was a philosophy major in his previous life)

I think I must know you FmrNewEnglander do you live in har nof? Wink (you don't have to answer that)

sorry OP to derail I hope you get the info you need!

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 5:03 am
Hi op.
DN is a bit more yeshivish. Tznius wise most moms wear tights/socks and cover their hair fully. They don’t teach the boys about yom haazmaut. It’s very very academic. It’s a small
School that isn’t trying to grow - one class per grade. Around 20 kids in class. They are private so also more expensive than netzach and less funds for extras. It’s a very warm and caring school.

Netzach is the new popular school in town. They’re funded by the state so they are going to have a big building and playgrounds ( it’s being built now) and they have funds for lots of extracurriculars. they now have 1 class per grade but that’s going to change and the classes are bigger already ( they started off two years ago with 5 kids per class and now it’s 26+ as far as I know). On the one hand it has a great name, the kids love going to school, on the other hand most kids that initially went there (2/3 years ago) were kids who dropped out of other schools bc of learning / behavioural hardships or kids whose parents didn’t really conform with the mainstream yeshivish views. Because your child will be going to a higher class ( not first or second) I would try to find out about the specific class.
This info is from friends of mine who send there and love the school!

tree of life

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 5:42 am
Hi netsach is very popular school so u do need to apply early
If u need anything else in rbs please pm I'm happy to help you. For example apartment to rent doctors to go to etc

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Nov 11 2020, 6:57 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Hi op.
DN is a bit more yeshivish. Tznius wise most moms wear tights/socks and cover their hair fully. They don’t teach the boys about yom haazmaut. It’s very very academic. It’s a small
School that isn’t trying to grow - one class per grade. Around 20 kids in class. They are private so also more expensive than netzach and less funds for extras. It’s a very warm and caring school.

Netzach is the new popular school in town. They’re funded by the state so they are going to have a big building and playgrounds ( it’s being built now) and they have funds for lots of extracurriculars. they now have 1 class per grade but that’s going to change and the classes are bigger already ( they started off two years ago with 5 kids per class and now it’s 26+ as far as I know). On the one hand it has a great name, the kids love going to school, on the other hand most kids that initially went there (2/3 years ago) were kids who dropped out of other schools bc of learning / behavioural hardships or kids whose parents didn’t really conform with the mainstream yeshivish views. Because your child will be going to a higher class ( not first or second) I would try to find out about the specific class.
This info is from friends of mine who send there and love the school!

This.
They originally got the name of being the outcast school so they now are working very hard to reverse that name.
They are mainly excepting kids from families that can help change that name. They want the type of people that are public figures or super bright. Not the ideal classroom either.
I would check in with them in a few years when they get their get their act together and have a more balanced mix of kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions