Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
My on was crying bec he wants his friend

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 11:52 am
He is 9. I thought he was ok. Today he just burst into tears. I tried empathising, soothing etc...in the end I let him watch a video, which I really don't like doing bec he uses it to manipulate me to let him every time he is upset. I don't know how to help him.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 2:01 pm
Can you Zoom a friend or a cousin?

Can you take him for a walk or watch him ride his bike/scooter/rollerskates etc?

Can you bake with him? Have him crack the eggs for you?

Can you read him a detective story?

How about watching a Rick Steve travel video to someplace he wants to go.

Also, when things are calm, try to think of ideas for him or even brainstorm with him about ideas. You can still buy things on Amazon. And the Jewish bookstores are open too. So for example, you can buy him a special book and candy/treat for Shabbos.

Lastly ... any way he could walk over to the friend's house and have the friend stay on the porch while they chat?

SingALong

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 6:00 pm
Ds age 6 broke down crying today too, he has no one to play with and nothing to do. He has less schoolwork so he’s done way before everyone else in the family. Every day I play a game with him or we do a craft. He’s sick of it, wants to play with friends not his mother!

My heart breaks for these kids, what they’re going through. Would your ds want to talk on the phone with friends?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 6:14 pm
He was refusing to do anything, call anyone...I just sat wth him ahs made a semi schedule for tomorrow. I'm hoping the structure and hopefully activity will keep him happy and he will better be able to handle the difficulties...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics