Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Did you get corona after going to mikva?
Previous  1  2

amother
Red

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 11:52 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Have been twice since lockdown. Never had such a pleasant experience. Everything was super clean and super fast. I wish these improvements stay in place long after corona. I’d be very surprised if anyone got sick directly related to Mikva. I think the panic and fear regarding Mikva was way overdone. I hope everyone calmed down by now and continue going at the right time.

I am anxious about mikva. Can you provide evidence based proof that dunking in a public bath (and sharing facilities, waiting rooms etc) will not contribute to virus spread?

amother
Purple

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 12:04 am
Went once so far since Corona and going again on Sunday. Bh didn't get sick. It was so quick and easy. No waiting room. And took altogether like ten minutes.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 12:17 am
I went four days ago. So far nothing, although it's too early to know for sure.

MommyM

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 12:21 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I am anxious about mikva. Can you provide evidence based proof that dunking in a public bath (and sharing facilities, waiting rooms etc) will not contribute to virus spread?

Many mikvaos are following regulations right now that do not have people waiting in the waiting room. They are also staggering appointments more to sanitize and leave rooms to air out between use.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 12:40 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:

Coronavirus does not survive in chlorinated water. The mikvah water is chlorinated. So the actual mikvah is not an issue at all.

The sharing facilities MAY be an issue, so they sanitize surfaces regularly, require all preparations to be done at home, and suggest you wear gloves to hold on to the railing if you need to hold on.

In general there are appointments now to ensure that there are not multiple people waiting in rooms, and the entire process is so much quicker because it's get undressed, dunk, get out. No checking, no prepping, no shower before, etc.

The mikvah lady wears a mask and stays far away from you.

It's pretty solidly safe.

For more reading on the subject, and why the JOWMA (Jewish Orthodox Women's Medical Association) made these guidelines, see here: https://www.mikvah.org/covid19

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 12:44 am
My Rav allows you to shower as soon as you get home if you are worried
Ask your rav

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 12:54 am
It was squeaky clean and all preparations had to be done at home, including final shower. Was so much easier and quicker than usual. BH feel fine.

Nechamie

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 7:01 am
Went three times...Did NOT get sick.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics