Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Full time working moms! What’s are you doing?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 1:04 am
Are you going in to work full time?
Are you working from home full time?
Half and half? How do you manage if you have school aged kids at home?
I’m going into work few hours a day and working few hours from home.
My boss wants me back into the office full time and I don’t see how I can do this with my husband working and kids home!

DrMom

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 1:07 am
Mostly working from home. While helping my kids with their online studies. While DH is working from the office.

It's very difficult.

mig100

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 1:11 am
I don't either see how you can manage to go in. I would hope your boss is understanding of that

Perhaps you can go in for a few hours once in a while just to show you are trying to put in your best effort

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 1:28 am
Work from home full time.
It would be impossible for me to go into the office.

If you cannot go into the office and your boss insists you can look into taking family leave.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 2:08 am
I go into work.
I dont have so many kids home and the older ones are old enough to watch the younger one. THey know I'm available by phone and can be home in 5 minutes in case of emergency.
DH is home for an hour or two during the day.
Their school work is their responsibility. When I get home I make sure to ask if they did it.
I let them go to sleep very late so that they wake up late. This means less awake time for them that I'm not home and more family time for all of us in the eve. It also means that I barely sleep, since I need my quiet time after they are all asleep, lol.
If I ever wake up late, I can make up my hours at night or Sun (BH my boss is flexible with that).
But its very hard. I never felt like I have so few hours in the day...

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 3:45 am
I work full time in a hospital.
My idea of "working remotely" is sitting in my office at the hospital while on the phone with my kids to assist with schoolwork, arbitrate fights and bribe the kids to prepare for Shabbos. Very Happy

cinnamon

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 5:14 am
Going crazy.
Working from home full time while helping kids with remote learning and bribing other kids to watch the toddler.

We are not very good home students around here...

amother
Natural

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 8:10 am
Dh and I are both working full time at home. Our kids have phone/zoom classes. Class starts at 10. Work starts at 9.

Dh wakes up and 9, turns on his computer and works in our bedroom. He doesnt help out at all, unless I'm out doing a schoolwork pickup.

My kids all need a reminder about their next class. Some need help calling in.

I work In a public area in my house, so that my kids can quietly approach for half. I also receive work calls. My kids sometimes forget that I'm on the phone and have a conversation right next to me.

Homework is a challenge. Once work is over I make dinner and want to spend time with my kids, not do homework. They have time to do it between classes, but they need help that I cant provide during my work hours.

I also find it challenging that everyone eats lunch at a different time due to their class schedule.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics