Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
So if everyone is crashing and plotzing, who's left normal?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:15 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Ok- in all seriousness here- I had a shadchan call yesterday and asked me to email my dd resume- she couldn’t understand why I sounded frazzled and said I don’t know when I’ll find time. I mean- you would think my phone wasn’t buried under mounds of dirty dishes!
Anyway- I think the shadchans son would be perfect for you- she sounded like she never even heard of the word corona!
Invei hagefen and all...

Shhh...OP is that shadchan. She's trying to get the scoop on everyone.

top mom

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:20 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
I’m as normal as I ever was but as my kids are all B”H married I can’t help you out in the shidduch arena.

Well, if all my kids would be married, I would also still be normal- obviously Yes

dena613

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 12:08 am
avrahamama wrote:
People are messaging me thinking I must be I heaven because I always wanted to homeschool ... Welllll I love this. I really do. But I haven't had a cleaning lady in two months and cleaning in this house is like brushing teeth and eating Oreos at the same time

Love that line!!! (Oreos and teeth)

youngishbear

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 12:56 am
top mom wrote:
Well, if all my kids would be married, I would also still be normal- obviously Yes

LOL

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 3:02 am
dena613 wrote:
Love that line!!! (Oreos and teeth)

Reminded me of:
Cleaning your house while the kids are growing, is like shoveling the snow while it’s still snowing!

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 3:04 am
Or...
Cleaning your house during quarantine,
Is nisht aher in nisht aheen!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 3:08 am
top mom wrote:

Ah, yes, but the question is: Would that be because in order to get all of your kids married you must be normal, or because marrying off all your kids normalizes you and enables you to enjoy your empty nest in peace, with or without quarantine?

Alas, I am not crashing or plotzing, just posting long soliloquies on imamother and eating chocolate. I'd love to blame my messy house, lousy schedule, and rapidly diminishing chocolate stockpile on coronavirus, but it was like this before too. One of the advantages of working from home with lots of children, nothing REALLY fazes you anymore. (Doesn't make you more successful, but it does make you less fazed.)

It's a good thing I have another few years until we enter the shidduch parsha, that should be enough time for me to come up with a REALLY good alibi, and thanks to no mingling, there are no witnesses!

amother
Amber

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 4:45 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Ah, yes, but the question is: Would that be because in order to get all of your kids married you must be normal, or because marrying off all your kids normalizes you and enables you to enjoy your empty nest in peace, with or without quarantine?!

Neither. She’s able to stay normal because she’s in lockdown in an empty house with peace and quiet.

banana123

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 7:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You seriously need to take a course in sarcasm or else you are not normal.

Your tone wasn't clear in the original post (at least, not on the heels of the "I crashed" thread).

AND, I think it is important that while we enjoy some laughs, we make it very clear to those whose toes we might be stepping on, that they are not outsiders and they are not inherently problematic just for feeling this way.

As for not normal, that's okay. No one ever accused me of being normal in the first place.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 8:44 am
banana123 wrote:

As for not normal, that's okay. No one ever accused me of being normal in the first place.

Join the club! Silly

PinkFridge

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 8:49 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Join the club! Silly

Boom boom ain't it great to be crazy...

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 8:49 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Shhh...OP is that shadchan. She's trying to get the scoop on everyone.

Oh my gosh- I totally missed that!
I’m running to brush my teeth- be back soon

paintbrush

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 9:02 am
I’m completely normal, but my son’s only one. You’ll have to wait a while.

mother48

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 11:43 am
I for one don't want to make a shidduch with anyone who happily sailed thru quarantine! That's not normal!!
Smile

ShishKabob

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 12:42 pm
mother48 wrote:
I for one don't want to make a shidduch with anyone who happily sailed thru quarantine! That's not normal!!
Smile
So let those not normal ppl be meshadech with the same other not normal ppl! same thing!
And I hope you weren't serious.
You can't seem to fathom that there are real people out there who were on the wildest ride of their life and now it simply slowed down and they feel real relief right now and they are actually coping really well.
Al tad in es chaverch ad she taiga limkomo

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 1:47 pm
What about the theory that opposites attract? Like, if I’m ordinarily really crazy does that mean that I can get a really normal michuten?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics