Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Lag beomer zoom opsher...

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 4:54 am
Who else is making An opsher lag beomer and needs to do it with zoom? How does it work?
Of what I have been thinking how to do it so far is make a zoom meeting for family and friends and I will bake a few goodies and put them on show (I will try and decorate as much as I can) and then my family (husband and kids will each take a turn to cut) and then I guess everyone else will say a lechaim from their homes.
What/how were u thinking to do it?

Please help a reallllllly stressed mama who only wants the best for her child😊

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, May 04 2020, 6:10 am
We did a zoom upsherin for my son right before Pesach. We had extended family on zoom sing/wish him happy birthday, then my husband and I and the older kids cut his hair. B"h everyone enjoyed and it was a fun chance to get together virtually.

It was also fun for us because he looks totally different and it helped brighten our moods to see our "new big boy". I'm very happy we didn't push it off.

Mazal tov!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 6:11 pm
Thanks!
Anyone else??

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 6:26 pm
Going to make pekalach and distribute wearing gloves and a mask.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 6:57 pm
If you would normally have grandparents cut too, you can do a cut for each one and have that person on screen for their own moment. "Chaim, this is for Bubby!" (Snip by Abba.) Bubby says, "I love you!" and blows a kiss, or whatever works.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 7:22 pm
Maybe drop off/mail a package with a couple of the baked goods to all participants before hand so they can enjoy them during the ‘party’

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 10:26 am
Any ideas of how to keep some structure, if I am going to have a lot of people on zoom. How do you manage to have everyone wish mazel tovs without people talking over people. I also want to keep the mazel tovs short to leave time for everyone.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 2:26 pm
you can change the background of youre zoom meeting
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics