Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Social distancing question

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 5:47 pm
I'm not talking stats from a month ago, or two ago. But I'm trying to ascertain what my risk level is NOW if proper social distancing has been practiced by people over the last month what are the real dangers involved? Has anyone become symptomatic *lately* by picking it up "out of the air"?

amother
Green

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 5:50 pm
I'd say your odds are about 50/50. Either you'll get it, or you won't.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 6:12 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I'd say your odds are about 50/50. Either you'll get it, or you won't.

My point is if I haven't gotten it until now in a low-incidence area, and everyone I personally know has either not gotten it or the few who have gotten it are now over it since before pesach, to what extent to I have to be worried about getting it.

giselle

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 6:24 pm
I don’t think anyone can answer that for you. And anyone who does is making it up.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 6:25 pm
giselle wrote:
I don’t think anyone can answer that for you. And anyone who does is making it up.

I'm asking that if in the last 2 weeks if you've gotten it "just out shopping"

amother
Green

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 6:26 pm
The same as you would a month ago, maybe more since more people have it than did last month.

If you are really worried, ask your doctor.

If you are looking for a reason to not be careful and follow the rules, I'm afraid I can't help you with that.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 7:53 pm
my daughter caught it from my husband they stayed in thier own rooms and shared a bathroom
I amd my other daughter did not catch it

amother
Rose

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 8:01 pm
We flattened the curve. Now you have to decide whether you want to stay home another year till they have a vaccine or slowly ease back into society... you’ll get endless opinions here!

HonesttoGod

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 11:37 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
We flattened the curve. Now you have to decide whether you want to stay home another year till they have a vaccine or slowly ease back into society... you’ll get endless opinions here!

The curve isn’t close to being flattened yet. Not in nyc anyway. It’s going down yes but if we jump straight back out it will shoot up again so fast. The goal is to let it Go low enough that when we all go out again it will jump up but not as high as it was when everyone was dying because the hospitals were so so so overwhelmed.

So no. The curve isn’t flat. It’s getting there. But it’s not flat.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 12:02 pm
Read the post above by the queens doctor

amother
Rose

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 1:06 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
The curve isn’t close to being flattened yet. Not in nyc anyway. It’s going down yes but if we jump straight back out it will shoot up again so fast. The goal is to let it Go low enough that when we all go out again it will jump up but not as high as it was when everyone was dying because the hospitals were so so so overwhelmed.

[b]
Once the cases go down steadily we flattened the curve!
No it’s not completely over yet and probably won’t be in the near future but flatten the curve in nyc we certainly did!

soap suds

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 2:03 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:

What's your definition of flattening the curve? Because, to me, going down is beyond flattening.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 2:10 pm
soap suds wrote:
What's your definition of flattening the curve? Because, to me, going down is beyond flattening.

Flattening doesn’t mean that the cases are now flat at zero. Flattening means that instead of everyone getting it at the same time and overwhelm the hospital systems we spread it over a longer period of time thereby ensuring that the sick ones will be able to get adequate medical care they need. It won’t be flat at zero until we have a vaccine. So yes we now flattened the curve in nyc and that’s why theres talk about slowly opening back up.

soap suds

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 2:21 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Flattening doesn’t mean that the cases are now flat at zero. Flattening means that instead of everyone getting it at the same time and overwhelm the hospital systems we spread it over a longer period of time thereby ensuring that the sick ones will be able to get adequate medical care they need. It won’t be flat at zero until we have a vaccine. So yes we now flattened the curve in nyc and that’s why theres talk about slowly opening back up.

Exactly. I was responding to HonesttoGod who said:
Quote:
The curve isn’t close to being flattened yet. Not in nyc anyway. It’s going down yes but if we jump straight back out it will shoot up again so fast.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics