Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Neil Ferguson steps down because he broke his own SD rules
Previous  1  2

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 05 2020, 7:31 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Huge difference in a SIL and an intimate relationship. Do you not see your DH as different from your cleaning help?

This has nothing to do with morality of cheating. He can have different values than we do. PM Boris Johnson has a live in young girlfriend. They just welcomed a baby together.

Sorry. Johnson's situation isn't the best role modeling but it's a worlds apart than cheating on a marriage.
But yeah, that is parenthetical to the hypocrisy of his whole SD stance, and I realize that that is the conversation here, so I won't comment on that anymore (if I can help it).
(Keep calm and) carry on.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 1:55 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
your basically asking if someone commits a crime why cant I? seriously. u shoud do the right thing. regardless what some idiot of a guy is doing. and anyway, we are jews we are held on a higher standard. I keep seeing jews being singled out for not obeying. its a chilul hashem. besides you want to do the right thing so you are a person with values that mean we dont do the wrong even though others do.

It's not about what he did is right or wrong. If he's a person that his theories, and word is largely accepted, he's held on a higher standard, he's got to be a role model. And if he breaks his own rules, making SD lose its credibility, what do people expect from the rest??

DrMom

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 2:32 am
I assumed he would step down because his initial report on covid-19 projected a death rate far beyond what we are seeing. The report is being blamed for stoking unnecessary panic. He made similarly overblown predictions with SARS, swine flu, mad cow disease,etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/co.....perts

https://www.cato.org/blog/how-.....id-19

amother
Wine

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 6:51 am
ugh many politicians and so called experts are elitist: do as I say not as I do
different rules for thee than me
thats when people start calling them out on pushing societal control for their own agendas!
totally undermines any credibility
and yes totally different to be with people you are quarantining and sheltering with in your own home!
He had someone "come over" from a different household...
integrity?! He was FORCED to "resign" that or be publicly fired.

ugh

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 7:13 am
The lockdown, AT THIS POINT is mostly political.
Everyone knows it’s doing more harm than good.

But when our govt consists of a bunch of weaklings and hypocrites, that’s what’s we get.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:07 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
The lockdown, AT THIS POINT is mostly political.
Everyone knows it’s doing more harm than good.

But when our govt consists of a bunch of weaklings and hypocrites, that’s what’s we get.

So then why are we still adhering it? I mean the lockdowns are killing people, not to mention the absolute destruction of the economy that will destroy many peoples lives for years to come. I literally cannot for the life of me understand. If the people who forced us into the lockdown and presumably have access to information were don't aren't adhering to the lockdown why should I?????
I'm just so beyond frustrated. At the beginning, I saw the point, don't overwhelm the hospitals. Not to mention the fact that the hospitals weren't overwhelmed and the Javits and Comfort saw less than 1,000 patients combined. Now that the hospitals aren't being overwhelmed, what exactly is the point???? Stay like this forever so no one ever dies of Covid again????

freilich

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So then why are we still adhering it? I mean the lockdowns are killing people, not to mention the absolute destruction of the economy that will destroy many peoples lives for years to come. I literally cannot for the life of me understand. If the people who forced us into the lockdown and presumably have access to information were don't aren't adhering to the lockdown why should I?????
I'm just so beyond frustrated. At the beginning, I saw the point, don't overwhelm the hospitals. Not to mention the fact that the hospitals weren't overwhelmed and the Javits and Comfort saw less than 1,000 patients combined. Now that the hospitals aren't being overwhelmed, what exactly is the point???? Stay like this forever so no one ever dies of Covid again????

This!

It’s beyond pathetic to read the thread of the 4 year old depressed child. Are we really ready to pay such high prices here??

Alcohol consumption went up by 50%. Domestic violence up by 40%. When will we be told the buck stops right here.

Cuomo said theirs no dollar for a life. Doesn’t he get it?? This is a life for a life. Albeit not today. And not so easily tracked yet. But it’s unfortunately certainly there. And the numbers promise to be much higher.

Sigh

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Omg really? The difference is my DH LIVES IN MY HOUSE. His girlfriend DOES NOT. It has nothing to do with morality or intimacy. I have no problems with his morality. It has to do with the fact that he had someone WHOM HE DOES NOT LIVE WITH come over. Exactly what hes telling everyone else not to do.
Do you really not see the difference?

The point is he’s likely been in proximity to her throughout the quarantine. They’ve already exposed each other.
Every time anyone goes out of the house they are exposed to other people and take it home.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:37 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
The point is he’s likely been in proximity to her throughout the quarantine. They’ve already exposed each other.
Every time anyone goes out of the house they are exposed to other people and take it home.

Okay so then he's just been breaking quarantine continuously. I'm not sure how that makes it better. If my nanny kept coming throughout quarantine, we'd have been in proximity throughout quarantine and would have already exposed each other. Yet we'd still get roasted on imamother

silverlining3

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:42 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:

Makes it even worse, for in the public eye

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So go out. Do things.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Okay so then he's just been breaking quarantine continuously. I'm not sure how that makes it better. If my nanny kept coming throughout quarantine, we'd have been in proximity throughout quarantine and would have already exposed each other. Yet we'd still get roasted on imamother

get this - imamother doesn't have a camera into your house. if you do something that goes against accepted norms - people will share their opinion with you if you tell them about it. Especially strangers.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 10:55 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
get this - imamother doesn't have a camera into your house. if you do something that goes against accepted norms - people will share their opinion with you if you tell them about it. Especially strangers.

Get this-If the scientists at the top aren't scared enough of this disease not to see their illicit lovers, then its pretty clear our elected officials are only keeping us locked down for political reasons, which does not sit well with me.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, May 06 2020, 11:04 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Get this-If the scientists at the top aren't scared enough of this disease not to see their illicit lovers, then its pretty clear our elected officials are only keeping us locked down for political reasons, which does not sit well with me.

Cool. What does that have to do with being roasted on imamother for bringing in a nanny?

imasoftov

Post Sat, May 09 2020, 5:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Okay but if he's not so scared of Covid that he lets people into his house, why should I be?

Okay, you can leave the house, but only to cheat on your husband.

amother
Wine

Post Sat, May 09 2020, 10:40 pm
so unexpected I spit out my drink laughing(and look at the amother color more lol)

amother
Magenta

Post Sat, May 09 2020, 10:58 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:

Except they both go back home to their real spouses and children and expose them.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics