Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I’m desperate for a manicure and waxing?!!
Previous  1  2

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:51 am
Due to my PCOS I am EXTREMELY hairy ... especially “down there”

I have been waxing for my own comfort since I was single ...

Not being able to go for waxings now is making me feel extremely uncomfortable, unsexy, and self conscious... it’s getting in the way of my bedroom life because I am too embarrassed to “share” myself when I am like this... my husband claims he isn’t bothered by it but I don’t feel comfortable being touched when I feel like this

I feel yuck and I feel stuck

Shaving isn’t an option for me and I’m scared to wax myself ... so yeah, op I feel you

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 12:54 am
Don't be scared to wax yourself.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 1:27 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Don't be scared to wax yourself.

My hair is extremely coarse and thick... I dnt think I can push myself to do it myself it will be too painful... I am also afraid I’ll end up with ingrown hairs ...

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 1:38 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:

Not being able to go for waxings now is making me feel extremely uncomfortable, unsexy, and self conscious... it’s getting in the way of my bedroom life because I am too embarrassed to “share” myself when I am like this... my husband claims he isn’t bothered by it but I don’t feel comfortable being touched when I feel like this

Shaving isn’t an option for me and I’m scared to wax myself ... so yeah, op I feel you

Could you use a beard trimmer or man's haircutting machine (obviously a new one! order on amazon)?
I've done that and it works very well. Razors wouldn't work down there.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 1:58 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Could you use a beard trimmer or man's haircutting machine (obviously a new one! order on amazon)?
I've done that and it works very well. Razors wouldn't work down there.

Doesn’t that make it stubbly?

gamanit

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 2:00 am
My hair is extremely coarse and thick... I dnt think I can push myself to do it myself it will be too painful... I am also afraid I’ll end up with ingrown hairs ...

One advantage of doing it yourself is that you don't have to do it all at once. You can decide that you'll do five strips/trys. Pull each one on the count of three and call it a day. Remove any remaining wax with warm water and continue the next day or the day after. I believe the chances of getting ingrown hairs are the same whoever does it.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 2:02 am

If the pros can do it without causing ingrown hairs, you can. And for the pain, try using some numbing or Tylenol (if you can get ahold of some), and using the kind of waxing kit that was linked earlier in the thread. And have a video on so that you can distract yourself while you're pulling the wax off.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Apr 05 2020, 2:03 am
Some people shave with an electric trimmer once and then wax as the hair grows back. It's easier to wax when there is less hair because of the shaving.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 2:07 pm

Just want to update that I ended up waxing myself and I’m really happy I did! Thanks to everyone that pushed me to try it

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 2:11 pm
Just want to update that I ended up waxing myself and I’m really happy I did! Thanks to everyone that pushed me to try it

Which waxing system did you get I bought one in amazon it didn’t work was horrible

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Apr 19 2020, 2:48 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Which waxing system did you get I bought one in amazon it didn’t work was horrible

I ordered from starpil.com
I ordered the pink hard wax beans , wooden spatulas, and a warmer ... expensive but they have a promo for 20% off through Wednesday this week with promo starpil-strong ... it costs less than two waxinga for me so still worth it.
f u have no experience with hard wax (I didn’t) make sure to watch a bunch of tutorials online first

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 2:57 am
I know this is old... but I want a manicure I want a mani shellac!
I’m stressed. Home with kid. Had illness anxiety before this -so you can imagine what’s going on....I want mashiach! I want everyone to be healed and well! And I want a manicure.
Perfectly pink nails make me feel polished (forgive the pun), pretty and happy. Ive tried doing nails myself -a total of 4 times-and had to remove the polish each time- cuz my nails looked like a 3 year old tried playing nail stylist (forgot what its called..) Sad Sad Crying
Anyone got any real tips? On how to apply nail polish correctly -cuz for all my artistry -it ain’t working.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:03 am
Have a qtip soaked with nail polish remover ready. As soon as you apply the polish, run it all around outside your nails to remove any drips. Allow a lot of time to dry. Use more expensive/quality polish. (I splurged and bought a bottle of Deborah Lippman polish. But I haven't gotten a manicure in over 5 years or more, so it was good value.
Make sure your hands stay well moisturized in general to prevent ripped cuticles or skin peeling.
These things help.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:46 am
try a pink sharpie with clear nail polish on top. prob easier to color with a marker. and then use the clear to make it shiny Smile

ETA: disclaimer, I've never tried this myself!

amother
Silver

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:49 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
try a pink sharpie with clear nail polish on top. prob easier to color with a marker. and then use the clear to make it shiny Smile

ETA: disclaimer, I've never tried this myself!
I
Umm...I've had students do this for fun. Not recommended. Will just look silly and bizarre.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:49 am
Do it in very thin layers this helps it dry quicker. As each layer dries add another one until you get the desired effect. Especially when you do it at home without all the extras like a quick dry top coat or air dryer its easier to apply this way.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics