Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
LA area need food advice

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 7:02 am
I’m not sure where to post this. We would like to rent a house in the LA area. We are planning to quarantine. I anyway get grocery delivery. What grocery delivery is available? What’s the best way to get really fresh produce?

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 7:30 am
Don't. The grocery stores that do delivery, frum store or not, have huge problems. You can't get time slots at the non frum stores and the kosher stores miss stuff, don't charge you right etc. many people get charged for things not delivered. (Customer service during the pandemic is awful). Huge issues. Non frum stores won't deliver perishables. You cannot rely on delivery.
And how will you get cleaning supplies, toilet paper, hand soap? No one is really delivering that.

Why come here? Even after your 14 day quarantine there isn't anything open and by law you must wear a mask (some areas like Beverly Hills require it to walk outside, other areas just to enter stores/buildings.)

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 7:35 am
My parents have been using insta cart at non Jewish stores.
You can create a cart in advance and know it will be ready to deliver when you get there. Schedule one week in advance.
My parents have been very happy.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 7:38 am
I live I La. it is very easy to get deliveries. For example western kosher and la Brea kosher deliver the same day. For non kosher stores there are a apps like instacart, amazon prime, Postmates, Ralphs and much more. The only store who doesn’t deliver basically is Trader Joe’s. You can get everything delivered.

Amarante

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 7:44 am
I use instacart and delivery is back to normal with delivery available within two hours. They just added a kosher store to the options but I use the major supermarkets for most of my needs. You can order from Costco through instacart as well. You can also order directly from the major supermarkets if you want. If you are an Amazon prime member there is free delivery from Fresh or Whole Foods. I have been very pleased with the service and if there are problems, instacart quickly refunds fir the specific item.

You can also use a personal shopper through a service called dumpling which will shop for you at any store you want.

Produce in Los Angeles is generally very high quality especially if you shop from a store in a better area. The Ralphs on third street and La Brea has an extensive produce department. There are also phenomenal farmers markets but those have been closed. They will probably start reopening as restrictions start to ease if they can figure out how to social distance.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen