Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Israel vs NJ in numbers
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

Ora in town

Post Thu, May 07 2020, 10:31 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
I don't agree with you at all.

I think the talmud Torahs SHOULD have stayed open.

That wasn't the reason for the spread at all.

Actually you are mistaken.
New studies by epidemiologists concluded that school closures contributed to reduce the reproduction number by 1, from around 3 to around 2. Under 1 is the target...
Which would indicate that schools closing alone is not sufficient, but it helps.

Sweden managed without closing their schools - albeing much worse than their neighbours Norway and Denmark...
But people were really scrupulous about not going out when they felt any kind of cold, flue, cough... which as a side effect reduced the incidence of flu...
And people reduced social contacts volontarily...
And Sweden has a much lower population density than either NY or Israel...

UK tried the same approach as Sweden - they failed tragically and now have the highest death toll in Europe...
Not to speak of the USA, who in their attempt to Make America Great again achieved world record in Corona deaths, and by far...

Mollie

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 7:04 pm
The death tolls in Syria (3), Jordan (9), Lebanon (26), Egypt (482), Cyprus (19) and Greece (148), the report said, indicated that Israel’s impressive performance was not exceptional for the region. It is by no means clear, however, that all of those nations match Israel’s capacity to accurately track and record deaths caused by COVID-19.

Or the Middle East was not hit as bad as NJ. The most likely scenario.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, May 08 2020, 7:51 pm
Mollie wrote:
The death tolls in Syria (3), Jordan (9), Lebanon (26), Egypt (482), Cyprus (19) and Greece (148), the report said, indicated that Israel’s impressive performance was not exceptional for the region. It is by no means clear, however, that all of those nations match Israel’s capacity to accurately track and record deaths caused by COVID-19.

Or the Middle East was not hit as bad as NJ. The most likely scenario.

Syria 3??

I dont believe that

For the past 5 years more than 100 died in Syria , from living in Syria

DrMom

Post Sat, May 09 2020, 2:22 pm
Iran was hit very badly.

amother
Ivory

Post Sat, May 09 2020, 2:48 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Syria 3??

I dont believe that

For the past 5 years more than 100 died in Syria , from living in Syria

I'm wondering if its because syria is not exactly a hot destination right now. Very few people are entering or leaving syria so much less chance of the virus spreading to there in the first place

chanchy123

Post Sat, May 09 2020, 3:37 pm
Iran’s climate is not Mediterranean, Tehran to the Mediterranean is sort of like NewYork to the Pacific Ocean.
I actually read a hypothesis that the reason for outbreaks in Hubey, Northern Italy Iran and Washington state is because they all have a similar climate ( well not all of Iran because it’s borders Saudi Arabia in the south).
Anyhow, I read that Iraq has imported 31 new cases of Coronavirus from Syria recently.
Coronavirus statics are really low of you don’t have the facilities to test for it.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:27 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
I don't agree with you at all.

I think the talmud Torahs SHOULD have stayed open.

That wasn't the reason for the spread at all.

R u serious?

banana123

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:33 pm
DrMom wrote:
Iran was hit very badly.

NYT wrote that Israel is too busy fighting coronavirus to go around killing people.
I think they must've written "Israel" by mistake....they had to have meant "Iran."

banana123

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:34 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
I'm wondering if its because syria is not exactly a hot destination right now. Very few people are entering or leaving syria so much less chance of the virus spreading to there in the first place

It's probably because they don't have the capacity to test people.

Israel is testing over 10,000 people per day. NONE of our neighbors come even close.

Mollie

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 2:31 pm
https://www.timesofisrael.com/.....bors/

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jun 28 2020, 7:45 pm
https://www.thelakewoodscoop.c......html
Page 9 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 Recent Topics