Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
To all the people that love the lockdown
Previous  1  2

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 1:26 pm
Yes, I love the lockdown because I am in healthcare and I see first hand the difference it makes. The decease in new admissions.

Maybe you want to say that I'm fine with it because I "get" to go to work. That's definitely it.

giselle

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 1:30 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
FWIW the people I know who say “it’s not THAT bad” are those who aren’t actually keeping the rules/laws properly.
They’re still visiting their parents or siblings.
Or they hang out with the neighbors and don’t keep SD.
They have their cleaning lady or their husbands are home 24-7 but still working so there isn’t money loss.
Their kids are young so no crazy school phone sessions or they have half hr of zoom a day and that's that.
Or they’ve traveled to Florida or upstate etc so it’s a party.

You get where I’m going.
I feel your pain but yeah life’s always gonna have the boasters and the haters.

Nope, following the rules and my husband isn’t home.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:46 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:

their husbands are home 24-7 but still working so there isn’t money loss.
Their kids are young so no crazy school phone sessions or they have half hr of zoom a day and that's that..

Yes, I have these positives and I’m one of those who is loving lockdown. But I am in no way violating the rules.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 4:36 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
FWIW the people I know who say “it’s not THAT bad” are those who aren’t actually keeping the rules/laws properly.
They’re still visiting their parents or siblings.
Or they hang out with the neighbors and don’t keep SD.
They have their cleaning lady or their husbands are home 24-7 but still working so there isn’t money loss.
Their kids are young so no crazy school phone sessions or they have half hr of zoom a day and that's that.
Or they’ve traveled to Florida or upstate etc so it’s a party.

You get where I’m going.
I feel your pain but yeah life’s always gonna have the boasters and the haters.

Nope. My husband and I are both unemployed right now but neither of us started getting our unemployment payments yet, so we are very nervous about money right now. If it doesn't show up soon we will be in serious trouble.

We are all quarantined, we follow all the rules. We leave just to get groceries as infrequently as possible.

But, this is the first time in 30 years, since I graduated college, that I'm not working. And my kids are all old enough to take responsibility for their own classes, they hardly ever need my help.

So yes, I'm on vacation and enjoying it. Which doesn't negate the fact that I'm devastated about the close family members and friends that we lost.

happyone

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 5:35 pm
Hugs to you OP. we've all suffered loss. some lost family members, some financial, some of us completely list our jobs and some emotional and losing our minds . Some in a8ll areas.
However, nothing wrong with people looking at the bright side of quarantine. Some actually found some positive things amidst the pain.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 7:58 pm
I'm following rules very strictly, have gone to store minimal times, we get deliveries.

No family, friends, neighbors etc.

We don't have little kids but have multiple people at work or in class all day.

We BH both can work from home.

We do have a large amount of outdoor space and enough room for everyone to do their things.

We all love it, everyone is so relaxed. We do know people who got sic and some that passed away and obviously this puts a huge damper on it.

Our day to day is working out amazing BH.
We're having family quality time that we usually don't have opportunities for as we all have full schedules.
I do miss cleaning help ( it's good no one is visiting!) also starting to miss socializing but not missing having to get properly dressed and decent!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics