Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Please help sensory child toilet training 3.5 yo

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 5:25 pm
Hi all
I would love to hear call your advice tips knowledge ..
My son is 3.5 he has an OT and PT twice a week each ( not now bc of covid obviously)
He is a very sensory child and really struggles bc of this in many ways
I tried to toilet train him ( ie. Teach him about the toilet and encourage him to go) when he was about 3 and 1 month and all my efforts were futile
I tried again at 3 and 3 months
Nothing dojng

Anyway I heard from a few moms that children with sensory issues have an especially hard time going to the bathroom
Does anyone have any experience with this and can give me tips or ideasTo help him??
Thanks

country

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 6:17 pm
is he having a lot of accidents doesn't care or get concept or just refuses to make in the toilet? if its that hes just scared to make in toilet I can maybe help you by sharing my experiences that I had with 2 of my kids that just refused to make in the toilet

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 6:23 pm
country wrote:
is he having a lot of accidents doesn't care or get concept or just refuses to make in the toilet? if its that hes just scared to make in toilet I can maybe help you by sharing my experiences that I had with 2 of my kids that just refused to make in the toilet

Would love to hear
I don’t know if it’s just that but it’s definitely some of that

country

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 6:41 pm
my daughter didn't get toilet trained until almost 4. I tried multiple times. when I took her diapers away she just didnt urinate for 24 hours. didn't make on the floor but refused to make in the toilet. I finally got her trained by using baby steps.
1. told her she can have diapers only when she needs to make but must stand in bathroom area (doesnt have to sit on toilet) when doing it. she refused thats when I realized part of it was behavioral not all of it fear. I asked her if I should stay in bathroom or go out she told me out. I told her im setting a timer and then im coming in. she then made in her diapers in the bathroom.
2. when she was comfortable with that after a few times. I told her to sit on toilet with lid down wearing diapers. I again threatened to come in if she doesn't do it.
3. sit on toilet wearing diapers with lid open
4. few days later made a hole in diaper didn't tell her when she made it went into bowl and said look it went into toilet.
5 after a few days she forgot to ask me for the diaper with the big hole cut out.
once she made in the toilet once never had an accident and was trained for night same day
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics