Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Halachik Psak for Tuition during School Closure
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 10:55 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
In Lakewood they are coming out saying that if a school gets ppp then parents are not obligated to pay but they are also saying that the school can and they can’t do anything about it not take your child back for the following year. so basically you will be forced to pay anyways.

Lakewood also said that if a morah is receiving unemployment that she shouldn’t get any money at all and if not you should give between 1/3 to 1/3 if what regular tuition is.

Sorry, can you explain the first part again? (not sure if I understood)
Also, who is coming out with this? The posek I spoke to on Friday is part of one of the Lakewood batei din that "came out" together with the other guidelines - as of Friday he said they aren't going to come out with any statement about tuition because it's too complicated.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 12:27 pm
I assume that optional after-school care offered by schools for young children would be considered childcare?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 7:50 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
I assume that optional after-school care offered by schools for young children would be considered childcare?

I didn't mention that to the rabbanim when I spoke to them. I did ask about nurseries (3 yr olds) and kindergartens (4 yr olds) that are part of a school. They said that nurseries, and possibly kindergartens too, are certainly like daycare, I.e. a service that the school is providing for parents' convenience, and the halacha is like the halacha for daycares. I imagine that after-school care is also categorized as a service, but it's best to ask.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics