Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Bungalow colonies, sleepaway camp - updates
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

fleetwood

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 3:13 pm
cnc wrote:
Dr. Ditchek is the medical director of Kids of Courage and FWIW he is considered a top knowledgable doctor .
I’ve certainly heard of him and know of him for 15+ years.

He spoke at the meeting of school principals and educators organized by Torah Umesorah a few days before the lockdown began .

ETA I don’t believe he practices pediatrics in Brooklyn - which is why you wouldn’t have seen him recommended on such a thread.

He does. I've been using him for 18 years. Just saw him last week.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 4:05 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Wow, that’s some nerve to ask for more money now when they have no idea whether camp will happen or not. I would definitely not give any money at this point. By June 10th they should know one way or another so that makes more sense but this week... I wouldn’t give them a penny.

I thought so too!!!!!This is after they told us we had to buy insurance two days into quarentine!!

I wonder if I’ve signed up for the same camp, same insurance story.

They postponed April 1 installments, but are asking now if they could deposit a check. How is now different from April 1 I wonder, in a sense that we don’t know if camps are opening, and guidelines About camps being in lockdown (after having brought in several hundred kids) I saw online are strange.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 4:23 pm
Yup same one with the insurance policy

amother
Amber

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 8:04 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Per my daughter,
HASC said that no decisions have been made yet and they do not know what will be, but they opened the pools and have started maintenance/construction on pathways.
It is not a done decision either way.

I would be interested to hear from people who got those supposed letters, not just hearsay and speculation.

It doesn’t mean anything. HASC is not for profit camp and the fact that they are doing maintenance now doesn’t mean much

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 8:08 pm
Lots of camps are doing maintenance just the basic so if they get the go ahead in June they are ready. Some places are waiting till they get complete answer

amother
Puce

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 1:07 pm
PSA regarding that camp insurance policy.
I just double checked correspondence from camp, they’re writing in the event camp doesn’t open, insurance won’t help.
It’s only if « you » cancel.

And again, today they’re demanding to know when they can deposit checks.

Eta: and they told me originally the exact amounts and dates payments Are due (500+ 3x695). Now they’re writing total fee is 2,795.
Minus above mentioned payments leaves another balance of $210. Hello, you are the ones who told me how much exactly to send.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics