Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Feeling depressed during corona

Opal

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 4:57 pm
Hi everyone. I'm feeling so depressed these days. Bh my family is healthy and I have a gorgeous toddler. But the sameness of each day depletes me. I have no koach and I also get more irritated at my husband. He says I need to push through etc but I really feel physically tired, all the time. Is this normal? I guess I could just use some support.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, May 02 2020, 11:34 am
Oh my gosh honey, you are SO normal!

I live alone, with a dog and two cats. I'm climbing the walls, and definitely not my usual annoyingly optimistic and cheerful self.

I'm starting to wonder who I even am anymore. Every day I feel like I'm drifting a little bit further away from myself...

ora_43

Post Sat, May 02 2020, 12:30 pm
So so normal.

There are a few things to try, if you aren't already. Go outside at least once a day if it's allowed where you live. Open the windows to get fresh air. Make sure you're eating, drinking water, sleeping, getting some physical activity. Call/text a friend at least once a day, even if you're not in the mood.

If there's anything that usually cheers you up (funny tv show? trashy books?), do that thing. If there's anything you can do to help someone (get groceries for a housebound neighbor, read a perek of tehillim, little things), that might help too.

Basically, go ahead and prioritize the heck out of self-care, because these are legitimately hard times and you do what you have to do to get through it with minimal emotional damage.

But honestly, even with all that, this is just a sad and frustrating time to live in.

Raisin

Post Sat, May 02 2020, 3:11 pm
Yes, so normal.

Maintaining a routine is important. Get up a normal time. Go out, get a walk with your toddler, let them run around and play.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, May 02 2020, 6:52 pm
Me too Sad
Every little irritant is so blown up. I'm so annoyed at dh who is around too much now, but totally unavailable because of school. I need a 5 minute breather from my delicious 3.5 year old and 8 month old, and it doesnt look like I'll be getting one soon. I was nursing without a period until last wk, and I have mikvah this week, which I might push off until September. I'm an extreme extrovert, and I ain't getting enough human contact, which is killing me inside and making me literally not myself.
Arg arg arg arg arg arg

amother
Plum

Post Sat, May 02 2020, 6:57 pm
Me too. Losing it daily. I go from calm, to a bundle of nerves to insane rage to miserable and sad. Anxiety disorders are only heightened in this situ so im really doing great (please note the sarcasm) im super grateful for my health and my familys health but can't help but feel pretty down and alone right now. Plus its my little ones first birthday this week and I had a party planned (in my head) but now its just gona be us at home. I guess I should really be grateful we are healthy. I just miss civilization. So with you on that front

thunderstorm

Post Sat, May 02 2020, 6:59 pm
If it makes you feel less alone and to know that this is pretty normal nowadays, I will share that I too am feeling this way.
I did speak to my therapist last week because I was concerned that I was possibly falling into depression and she reassured me that everything I was feeling was normal and expected under these circumstances. I also feel like my hormones are all out of whack as well. It’s all very frustrating and everything irks me lately. I keep telling myself that it’s ok and that there is nothing wrong with me and that we will get through this and it’ll all be over soon.

amother
Ecru

Post Sat, May 02 2020, 7:03 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
If it makes you feel less alone and to know that this is pretty normal nowadays, I will share that I too am feeling this way.
I did speak to my therapist last week because I was concerned that I was possibly falling into depression and she reassured me that everything I was feeling was normal and expected under these circumstances. I also feel like my hormones are all out of whack as well. It’s all very frustrating and everything irks me lately. I keep telling myself that it’s ok and that there is nothing wrong with me and that we will get through this and it’ll all be over soon.

Your post is so reassuring. Thank you.

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, May 02 2020, 7:47 pm
I am sorry that you are going through this. I am in a similar boat. I am having a very time keeping it together, and there is really no reason for it. BH we are all healthy now, I am with family and while it is a lot of work feeding so many grown kids it is a pleasant environment. However I can not relax for a moment, get any work done, partake in any hobbies. I had all these activities for "when I have the time" and still have not gotten any done. I don't get to sleep before 5am.

The one thing that I found that helped was writing. Last week I wrote right before I went to bed and it was the first night that I feel asleep and stayed asleep. Ok I didn't start until 4:45 am. I am going to try it again tonight.

Opal

Post Sat, May 02 2020, 9:43 pm
Thank you so much everyone for replying! It's really comforting to hear you all. I hope that you all find the strength to get through this time. I find myself going to sleep and dreading the next day, just because there's nothing new on the horizon. I'm usually quite a busy person and face all sorts of existential questions when I'm left unoccupied for a moment too long, so I have to learn to be still and be OK with it.

Khaki that's amazing that you've found a creative outlet. I feel desperate to do something creative (art, music) but there's just no headspace.

Yes to trashy novels Wink I have never read chick-lit in my life and I have now sunken to new levels.

One thing that has been very exciting for me is taking trips to Target, my personal mall. It literally keeps me going on hard days. Lol. If you live in an area where it's possible to get out to a big store it really helps!

amother
Amber

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 10:12 am
my dad died on pesach my mom on chanukah my husband and daighter had carona

Opal

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 12:04 pm
That's beyond terrible, Amber, I don't even know what to say. :'(
May their neshamos have an aliyah and may you be reunited with them soon.
Sending hugs xxx
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics