Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Lag B'omer
Previous  1  2

happy to be me

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 1:08 pm
sky wrote:
Maybe bbq (we did Sunday night but my kids would love it again...)

Saw a cute idea to make bon fire cupcakes.

Can you please post it? Thanks!

sky

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 1:16 pm
https://www.bettycrocker.com/r.....1719b

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 1:19 pm
I plan on lighting the flame on the stove or possibly building a paper bonfire in our kitchen (as in cut up cardboard and colored paper to look like a bonfire) and I bought a new speaker to blast music super loud. My kids love that part of Lag Baomer so that is what we will focus on.

Otherwise we all have classes and homework as usual.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 2:07 pm
There's an idea going around on Israeli social media about taping tissue paper in fire colors to a fan, lay it flat facing up and turn it on and the tissue paper looks like fire.
We also danced around a yeuretzeit candle, blasted music.
And of course a bbq with marshmallows.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 2:14 pm
https://I.imgur.com/xnDyxz8.jpg

happy to be me

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 3:10 pm
sky wrote:
https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/campfire-smores-cupcakes/23ab87d6-5c30-44f4-9097-50232881719b

Thank you

asmileaday

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 3:53 pm
https://www.instagram.com/p/CA.....nuzyu

I thought this was adorable!

Elfrida

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 4:16 pm
To make up for the lack of medurot, they have arranged trucks driving round the neighbourhood playing (very loud) music. It was nice earlier in the evening, but by now I've heard 'Bar Yochai' at least a dozen times. They don't seem to have any other song, and it's late... I wish they would just stop for the evening. They've done their bit to raise the mood, but people who still want music can play it at home, and let the rest of us go.to sleep.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 4:21 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
No bon fires are allowed in israel and neither are gathering.

Tell that to the people in RBS. The streets were swarmed. Well, not all streets, but certain neighborhoods. Rolling Eyes

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 4:36 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Tell that to the people in RBS. The streets were swarmed. Well, not all streets, but certain neighborhoods. Rolling Eyes

Depends what neighborhood. Bet, Cheftziba, the Kiriyah, and chassidish parts of gimmel.
There's one near my house. We called the police but not much else we can do honestly.
Why are people DANCING?! With strangers?!

It's safer to hang out with a friend and give her a hug then dance and hold hands with 50 strangers!

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 6:01 pm
happy to be me wrote:
What activities are you planning to make this Lag B'omer enjoyable, meaningful, and memorable?
So many of you are so creative and come up with beautiful ideas for your family. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts and ideas!

Please everyone watch and support the Hatzalah-thon
https://collive.com/live-830-p.....vent/

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 6:05 pm
1ofbillions wrote:
We got a firepit for our backyard and will be having our own hadlakah.

Young children witnessed their father go up in flames!
May 9, 2020 10:30 pm0
Sponsored Content

The image of their father in flames will cling to them forever! His desperate cries echo in the void he left!

Erev Pesach, with the Seder table laid, the 3 young Regal children excitedly watched their father burn the Chometz. Neighbors participated from overhanging porches – Sreifes Chometz under quarantine conditions.

Then the unimagable occured

The fire exploded, engulfing Reb Chanoch Regal Zatz”al in a ball of flames, to the horrer of his wife and children! Screaming and howling, his wife, Mrs. Chayelle Regal grabbed a hose to extinguish the flames. As a result of her heroic attempt, she too, was badly burned, sustaining third-degree burns. (Please continue to daven for Chaya Reizel bas Soreh Rivka Alte Gittel) In a whirl of smoke and sirens, Reb Chanoch and his wife were rushed to the ICU with severe third-degree burns!
Tragically, early in the morning of Erev Shabbos Parshas Shmini, 23 Nissan 5780, Reb Chanoch returned his neshamah to his Maker leaving behind 3 young yesomin!

Mrs. Chayelle Regal is a very beloved figure in Eretz Yisrael, famous for the highly-professional and extremely popular English shows, known as Regal Productions. Reb Chanoch Zatzal was a beloved and prominent figure in the community, writing and editing many works including Rabbi Aharon Margalit’s enormously popular books,” As Long As I Live” and “The Impact of As Long as I Live”. He was a hidden tzaddik who dedicated his life to helping others.

Their three young children are left confused, mourning alone at home. Their mother, Chayelle, is hospitalized, fighting to heal from her severe burns. Unfortunately, there’s a long road to recovery – full of pain, surgical procedures and costly treatments.
Reb Chanoch has been being torn from his family prematurely, leaving them fragmented, bewildered, numb.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 6:07 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Young children witnessed their father go up in flames!
May 9, 2020 10:30 pm0
Sponsored Content

The image of their father in flames will cling to them forever! His desperate cries echo in the void he left!

Erev Pesach, with the Seder table laid, the 3 young Regal children excitedly watched their father burn the Chometz. Neighbors participated from overhanging porches – Sreifes Chometz under quarantine conditions.

Then the unimagable occured

The fire exploded, engulfing Reb Chanoch Regal Zatz”al in a ball of flames, to the horrer of his wife and children! Screaming and howling, his wife, Mrs. Chayelle Regal grabbed a hose to extinguish the flames. As a result of her heroic attempt, she too, was badly burned, sustaining third-degree burns. (Please continue to daven for Chaya Reizel bas Soreh Rivka Alte Gittel) In a whirl of smoke and sirens, Reb Chanoch and his wife were rushed to the ICU with severe third-degree burns!
Tragically, early in the morning of Erev Shabbos Parshas Shmini, 23 Nissan 5780, Reb Chanoch returned his neshamah to his Maker leaving behind 3 young yesomin!

Mrs. Chayelle Regal is a very beloved figure in Eretz Yisrael, famous for the highly-professional and extremely popular English shows, known as Regal Productions. Reb Chanoch Zatzal was a beloved and prominent figure in the community, writing and editing many works including Rabbi Aharon Margalit’s enormously popular books,” As Long As I Live” and “The Impact of As Long as I Live”. He was a hidden tzaddik who dedicated his life to helping others.

Their three young children are left confused, mourning alone at home. Their mother, Chayelle, is hospitalized, fighting to heal from her severe burns. Unfortunately, there’s a long road to recovery – full of pain, surgical procedures and costly treatments.
Reb Chanoch has been being torn from his family prematurely, leaving them fragmented, bewildered, numb.

Wow dramatic much?

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 6:10 pm
My kids will be having a remote group sing along. They also asked to make mug cakes.
For dinner we'd like to celebrate out back with a BBQ, s'mores and music for the kids (I see many people have had the same idea!)

Violet123

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 6:30 pm
Another reason I wish I was in Eretz Yisroel!!!!!!!
Lag Baomer means so much!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days