Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
What exactly are the rules in NYC?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 9:16 pm
Are any gatherings at all allowed?
don't laugh from me- but I'm really really not so well read on the news and need a crash course on what exactly is/isn't allowed now. (we've been sitting home since right after purim & besides a quick run to grocery with a mask & one very imp dr appt haven't been out...)

please clarify thanks!

*please keep this thread factual and non emotional/non what you think rules should be/non political
Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 10:52 pm
bump

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 11:09 pm
The rules change every day. One day tickts are handed out to all ppl without masks next dayntheynare handing out masks for free jn the park.
What I think the rules are
Essential businesses can be open, All other businesses must be closed, sd all over, mask must be worn where social distancing can not be done.
Gatherings can not take place unless you can sd-6 feet apart.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 11:18 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
The rules change every day. One day tickts are handed out to all ppl without masks next dayntheynare handing out masks for free jn the park.
Essential businesses can be open, All other businesses must be closed, sd all over, mask must be worn where social distancing can not be done.

Cuomo never instituted a fine for not wearing masks, deblasio overstepped his boundaries when he scapegoated Jews and fined them for not wearing masks which was just an abuse of power. Here is the actual eo from Cuomo-- https://www.governor.ny.gov/ne.....gency

Here are the actual Pause guidelines from Cuomo-- https://coronavirus.health.ny......pause

There is controversy as to whether he renewed it to June-- https://www.news10.com/top-sto.....y-15/

You can find all the Executive Orders from Cuomo here-- https://www.governor.ny.gov/executiveorders

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 1:35 am

Thanks. What about gatherings- specifically kids in small groups? Any word on that?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 10:05 am
No gatherings are allowed at all. Only those with whom you live.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 10:14 am
chocolate moose wrote:
No gatherings are allowed at all. Only those with whom you live.

If you social distance it is allowed. Shuls that are open and following sd are allowed to be open.
Parks are unofficial gatherings and allowed as long as you social distance

chocolate moose

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 1:42 pm
If you social distance it is allowed. Shuls that are open and following sd are allowed to be open.

If you mean porch davening, you actually could have done that all along. You are just davening outside, that's all

Parks are unofficial gatherings and allowed as long as you social distance

Yes, parks are open but I wouldn't call that a gathering.

soap suds

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 2:28 pm

Correction: On the same day, they ticket people in one area and hand out free masks in another.

soap suds

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 2:29 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
If you mean porch davening, you actually could have done that all along. You are just davening outside, that's all

No, it's legal for shuls to be open as long as there's SD.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 10:21 am
soap suds wrote:
No, it's legal for shuls to be open as long as there's SD.

Um NOOOOOOOOOOO
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics