Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Ice cream for BY students only!
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 11:09 am
watergirl wrote:
Its not a never ending ice cream supply. They most likely stocked the truck with what they needed for their students and not for every child who sees it stop and wants some. The ice cream was paid for by this school to give to its students. Not to sell. It is possible to hire a truck for his purpose.

The school should have put a clear banner on the sides of the truck. Thats their one and only mistake.

Thank you! And someone from the school clarified up thread that there was supposed to be a sign but they forgot to put it up. And they will make sure to have the sign on today.

But some people just always have to look at what everybody else has and complain. Middos alert!!

amother
Denim

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 12:09 pm
Is the truck in front of the school for students? I live in BP and we didn't know about it yesterday (daughter in pre school).

amother
Navy

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 12:14 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Hmm.. your title is quite deceiving.

While I get your children’s disappointment it wasn’t like they said- we only sell ice cream to kids from BY. It was treat sponsored by BY for BY.... it needed to give its students and did not have enough to sell to the rest of the neighborhood.

What was deceiving about the title?

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 12:17 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Is the truck in front of the school for students? I live in BP and we didn't know about it yesterday (daughter in pre school).

Today they are in Flatbush. Preschoolers have to go to their corner with the paper you were emailed.

Did you get any texts about the truck coming to your bus stop?

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 12:20 pm
Amother Denim, if there is a truck parked in front of the school it's most likely for students who missed it. I know they sent out a robo call yesterday that if you missed your stop come to school.

But you must print out the paper so your preschooler can get.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 12:25 pm
My Dd would be crushed if that had happened to her, but her best friend who goes to BY got some. Best friend would share, I'm sure, but that's not the point.

I think this whole thing was a horrible idea, and not thought out at all.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 12:32 pm
I am going to take the devils advocate here

This was wrong however

This is the first time girls come out ahead

In Lakewood

Cholent and lunch every friday free for men

Lunch and learn
Breakfast and learn
Snack and learn
Scratch y butt and learn

All free for men

Good shiurim for boys

Avos un bunim

Almost every activity I know is free for boys , at least poor boys

Every activity for girls pay up

Chinese auction, event, tzodoka luncheon always a cover charge

Parlor meeting for men, give what you have, if you have

The only time its free for women is a tznius asifa

Boys have been getting free ice cream for Bain zmanim learning for years

Now my blood is boiling Twisted Evil

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 12:38 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Because BY students are better than others and deserve better things. If we don't teach this to the children when they are young, in a way that makes an impression on them, how will they know?

Im not by but this is stupid and you know it. It's not like the principal's in the truck... the driver there is handling it poorly. Perhaps he shouldn't jave put the music on. Or at least let kids buy ice cream... im assuming the one's qho were arranging this did not think it through.. but bashing them is misguided here

amother
Denim

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 1:14 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Today they are in Flatbush. Preschoolers have to go to their corner with the paper you were emailed.

Did you get any texts about the truck coming to your bus stop?

Are they coming back to the school after?
I did get the paper emailed, it said to ask elementary girls for timing/route but our stop only has two pre school girls.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 1:17 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Because BY students are better than others and deserve better things. If we don't teach this to the children when they are young, in a way that makes an impression on them, how will they know?

Am I the only one here who thinks that this is sarcasm/satire?

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 1:21 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Am I the only one here who thinks that this is sarcasm/satire?

It was very obvious sarcasm.

And to all those getting up in arms, OP clearly stated that there's no problem in giving treats just to your students. She was just upset about the misleading nature of a standard commercial ice cream truck driving around with no unusual signage, playing its normal tunes, and only clarifying that it was intended for a specific audience when kids approached.

And amother chocolate, who is obviously involved in the school, stated that there must have been a miscommunication with the driver, because there WAS supposed to be signage and a different message played. She is working on ensuring that those instructions are actually implemented today.

So much of the outrage was from non-issues. This thread looks like one misunderstanding after another.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics