Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
What to do - I hate my wig
Previous  1  2

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 1:12 pm
I’ve been married for 15 years and finally bought a wig that wasn’t a sale piece. I splurged because I really wanted the perfect wig for me. I just wanted to look good, pretty...
I went back many times as she slowly cut, added baby hair, removed extra hair, had the hair thinned. It looked good while I sat on her chair with the cape around me. Once I came home I realized that I didn’t like it that much. It doesn’t do anything for me. It’s rather blah. So I went back and she cut some more... still unhappy. I must have gone back around 7-8 times because each time she told me if I don’t love it, I should come back.
At this point I give up. I don’t give up easily on things I paid a lot for.
I will have to wear my old wig and if I’m not expecting to see anyone I want to make a good impression on I’ll wear the new one sometimes.
I’ll just have to try again for the perfect wig.
I totally get you, op.
Before you give up, go back and ask her what she can do. You can only try.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 2:45 pm
this is so frustrating!!! I can totally relate!!
I still consider myself a kallah because I got married 6 months ago... I bought two wigs, paid over 5k for them!! one of them is so frustrating to wear ahhh it makes me angry thinking about it. needs so much repairs and everytime I look at it I start crying
im so sorry!

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 4:20 pm
Sometimes it helps just to wear the wig and the hair in a bit, so that you can find the style that suits you. With my new wigs, I wore them at home even when I hated how I looked, and then got them washed and reset and retried etc. until they softened up and stayed how I liked them. so for me the key was to wear and wear and wear. Good luck, I feel yoU!

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 4:35 pm
Most sheitels need multiple appointments to get it right
The cut. The color and fit.
That is the benefit of buying a non sale sheitel that they should readjust multiple times.
Keep going back to fix.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 2:18 am
I dont know if your wig is long or short or what length u usually wear . But I can just tell u from my experience , that when I didnt like any of my wigs the problem was that it was too long to manage or the long length haven't even suited me . What I used to do in such a case was , I took it back to cut it short and the shorter it was the more amazing the wig became , and I started enjoying it more . Do u think in your case if she cuts it shorter for you it would fix the problem? That being I hear u say the fit isnt right either, your sheitelmacher should be able to work around with it.
Im sorry for you, I can feel your frustration.
GL

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 2:36 am
I hear you!
Lots of good input.
Sometimes it just takes the right person to fix a wig that does not work. Cap size, thinning, these can also make a huge difference.
Once I went to someone for a cut who chopped a sheitel so poorly (!) that after letting it sit in my closet for way too long I finally decided after looking into consignment sales and more to donate it to a gemach and at least get mitzvah credit for it after realizing it was what was meant to be and certainly not for me Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels