Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Need dinner ideas: must be toddler acceptable!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 6:38 pm
Hi imas

I need major help.

I need some dinner ideas; please include the following, to include but not limited to; fish, chicken breast, (not really chicken on the bone...) soft meats, ground beef or turkey, must include vegetables of some sort, starch pasta or grains.

Needs to be nothing crazy flavorful. Nothing like Chinese like, or bold flavors. Simple easy and something a toddler will like, simple flavors!
Please help me!

Macky wack dinners have been making me upset.

sub

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 7:29 pm
Sloppy joe in a pita

Breaded chicken fingers with mashed potatoes

Spaghetti and meatballs

Chicken goulash

Chicken with rice

Chicken patties/ my grandkids all time favorite
Ground chicken, potatoes, challa, carrot, onion, eggs, salt, pepper, paprika- mix and fry ir bake
Serve with french fries and cukes ( all finger food no utensils needed )

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 7:49 pm
sub wrote:
Sloppy joe in a pita

Breaded chicken fingers with mashed potatoes

Spaghetti and meatballs

Chicken goulash

Chicken with rice

Chicken patties/ my grandkids all time favorite
Ground chicken, potatoes, challa, carrot, onion, eggs, salt, pepper, paprika- mix and fry ir bake
Serve with french fries and cukes ( all finger food no utensils needed )

This is perfect! Thank you will try the patties for sure!
Can I use breadcrumbs?

sub

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 7:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is perfect! Thank you will try the patties for sure!
Can I use breadcrumbs?

Sure. I always have leftover Challah , so I use that

jfk92

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 7:52 pm
Hi my toddler son usually has a heavier lunch than dinner, but ill give u ideas from both meals. Hope it helps.

1. Dill lemon Salmon/salmon patties with buckwheat and zucchini
2. Shnitzel w brocolli or cauliflower depending on which I have in my freezer and couscous
3. Ground beef patties (he doesnt like tomatoe sauce or id prob just do meatballs) with sweet potatoe fries (baked) and corn (I bake corn on the cob and run a knife down but im sure canned works).
4. Brown rice pilaf w lamb and carrots. (My son was initially allergic to beef and chicken so he has a taste for lamb)
5. Chicken stir fry- chicken breast strips w zucchini, pepper, and carrots if I have frozen brocolli on hand I through that in, w garlic and touch of soy sauce and honey for the sauce but very little.
6. Talapia either baked w some seasoning or breaded and fried with quinoa and peas and carrot
7. Chickpea burgers/falafel w tahina/hummus and cucumbers and tomatoes sometimes ill add a few cubed roasted potatoes.
8. Chicken soup w noodles or farfel. Including the chicken and vegetables in it.

sub

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 7:55 pm
When my kids were little I made scrambled eggs With milk and with pieces of bread mixed in
They loved it and now my grandkids do too. It can be a breakfast or supper. Serve it with pepper slices or mini peppers.

Ora in town

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 8:04 pm
- Stir fry: take 4 veggies you like to combine (e.g. eggplant, mushroom, broccoli, sprouts), fry onion, fry protein (soya or chicken breast or beef), add veggies, cook hot and short, add liquid (soy sauce or wine or water or chicken broth).
serve with noodles or rice.

-gulash with mashed potatoes, veggies on the side (broccoli or carrots or carrot & zucchini, or integrate mushrooms in gulash)

- hamburgers with boiled potatoes and veggies

- beef boiled in soup with boiled potatoes and string beans

- Salmon in oven with veggies in oven & baked potatoes

sub

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 8:07 pm
A simple vegetable soup always goes in my house. Cook it in a pareve pot

Suate onions, add cubed potatoes, sliced or chunked carrots, ( green beans and sliced celery, depends how old children are) handful of barley. Add water to cover and more. Salt pepper paprika and osem chicken soup mix.
Cook for as long as you like. The longer, the better flavor.
Add thin noodles or kneidlech
I put in sour cream ( when I serve it)
A big pot lasts a few days.

I don’t cook fancy dishes, but none goes hungry.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, May 12 2020, 8:15 pm
Heads up: anything is/can be toddler friendly. Best to introduce new flavors and textures when they’re young so they have a broad palette. You got tons of great suggestions!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 5:52 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Heads up: anything is/can be toddler friendly. Best to introduce new flavors and textures when they’re young so they have a broad palette. You got tons of great suggestions!!

She ate everything when she was new to the toddler age.. now she’s got so many opinions I can’t keep up

Rappel

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 5:54 am
Spaghetti Bolognese. Just witch switch out the spaghetti for a short form of pasta, like penne, so your toddler doesn't have to wear his food.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking