Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Toiveled Betty Crocker pizza maker how long to wait?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 7:41 pm
Would it get ruined if it’s used like two hours later?

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 7:45 pm
I read to wait 3 days. I wouldn’t use 2 hours later.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 7:55 pm
Get ruined? Its dangerous! The electrical part is probably still wet.

I bought a new sandwich maker, and after dh toiveled it, I didn't use it for almost 2 weeks. But I'm neurotic about such things. On all appliances it says NEVER IMMERSE IN WATER.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 8:01 pm
And btw, Betty crocker is a company, that has many different appliances. Don't know why people call a pizza maker that, there are different company pizza makers too.

raich

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 8:38 pm
I would wait at least 3 days. When we toiveled ours I waited around that long and it was okay. Also, I'd recommend keeping it propped open upside down in different positions, like sideways on each side and also open like "biting" the tabletop, so the water can drain out of any crevice it might be in.

If you want an incredible pizza recipe for it, let me know!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 8:39 pm
raich wrote:
I would wait at least 3 days. When we toiveled ours I waited around that long and it was okay. Also, I'd recommend keeping it propped open upside down in different positions, like sideways on each side and also open like "biting" the tabletop, so the water can drain out of any crevice it might be in.

If you want an incredible pizza recipe for it, let me know!

Thank you!
Yes that would be great!

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 10:51 pm
I think 24 hrs is good. That's what they told me at the store.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 11:40 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
And btw, Betty crocker is a company, that has many different appliances. Don't know why people call a pizza maker that, there are different company pizza makers too.

The same reason why windex, balmex, mr clean, vaseline, band-aid and many other things are called by their name brand.

raich

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 2:46 pm
So here's the recipe I use. I adapted it from a pizza recipe I found in the Family First a long time ago.

1Tbsp dry yeast
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar (I use maple syrup)
1 cup warm water
3 cups white whole wheat flour (I sometimes add a few more Tbsp if it seems too sticky)
1 1/2 Tbsp oil
1 tsp salt

Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water, let sit for a few min to activate. Add rest of ingredients and mix with fork or spoon til incorporated, then knead until it's all smooth. Let sit for about 30 min to rise but you can wait less time if you don't have enough time.

Preheat pizza maker (just plug it in a wait for the green light to go on).
Meanwhile, divide the dough in half, and roll it into a circle slightly bigger than the circumference of the pizza maker (it will shrink somewhat when you move it.) When the green light goes on, put the circle of dough straight in, spread on tomato sauce or marinara sauce, and sprinkle shredded cheese on top. You can also add veggies or any other toppings. We love sauteed onions and mushrooms. Close the pizza maker and bake for 6 minutes. When done, use a fork to slide it out onto a piece of parchment paper, slice into slices and enjoy!! Repeat for other half of dough.

Depending on how crusty you like the bottom, you might want to increase baking time by a minute or two.
We use Grain Brain white whole wheat flour, which has an incredibly soft texture and makes a pillowy soft crust. Other brands might be tougher or denser.

Best homemade pizza ever! Thank me later Very Happy

livinginflatbus

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 11:17 am
How long do you bake cinnamon buns in? Any other recipes welcome please.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 11:38 am
I think 48 hours is good.
The appliance (pizza maker) works just great even after it's toiveled. I'm using mine for a long time bh with no mishaps.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics